Friends and family?

Options
Are they still doing this? Was looking to pick up some LSIm series and missed the last one but, didn't have the funds then anyway. FOR now enjoying my Rtia 3's. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    May be a glitch as all are showing backorder status.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Does that mean you can't place an order if it's on back order?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    gurot1 wrote: »
    Just got the f and f email this am

Me too. Looks like the sale is just on the LSiM series.

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    It has the LSIM 703's listed as $375 for a pair on the site? Is this a typo? I thought the original price was $750 each?
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Coming up as a pair when I add it to my shopping cart.
    Too bad I am in Canada. US only it looks like.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just ordered a pair of LSiM 703's for $374.98...listed as a pair, we'll see what happens.

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    I could place them in my cart also and it clearly shows priced be pair. That is an excellent deal if that is the case. Too bad I bought them last time at the higher price.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I just placed an order as well. Clearly says priced per pair in multiple places, only charged me 375 plus tax. I will be SHOCKED if they honor it, but figured it was worth a shot!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I just placed an order as well. Clearly says priced per pair in multiple places, only charged me 375 plus tax. I will be SHOCKED if they honor it, but figured it was worth a shot!

My thoughts exactly...

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Site now shows the LSiM703 listed as EACH with original price of $749.95 and F&F sale price of $374.98 EACH. Would have been a no-brainer if it wasn't a typo...
  • teamjhertz
    Options
    I bought a pair as well when it showed pair.

Time will tell if they honor it
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    edited November 2016
    Options
    FWIW, the website now shows at regular price, when just yesterday was showing the sale price which should be good thru tomorrow..

This is the second or third F&F email I've rec'd the last year or two, and have been wanting to upgrade my LCR for a while now, but just couldn't bear to pay full price for the LSiM's, nor did I want to spend ~$2600 all at once because, well - I don't like to spend that much on something I don't really need :) . So with the current sale, I thought I'd buy the center now (706c to replace CSiA6), then buy the towers during the next F&F (707's to replace RTiA7's). That way I get to experience the LSiM line for $600 to make sure I really notice/like the performance improvement, before committing another $2K for the 707's.

But then I came across this thread mentioning the RTiA series is being discontinued, and also the LSiM too? If this is true, I'd hate to buy the center now and not be able to buy new 707's in six months. So would I be taking a chance on buying just the center during the current sale?

And most importantly, would an RTiA-to-LSiM be a worthwhile upgrade? I've had the RTiA's since mid-2010 and have enjoyed them, but wonder how much better my system would be if I were to run LSiM's... For reference, I am driving each front speaker with Emo XPA-100 monoblocks so they should have plenty of power available to drive them.
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • WTS
    WTS Posts: 170
    Options
    I just checked. The website still shows the 50% offer, and says that it expires on the 12th, but the prices are at full price. I even tried putting one speaker in the shopping cart -- full price. (I removed it.)

What it doesn't say is *when* on the 12th the sale expires.

Also, there is this fine print in the most recent email I received from Polk: "Polk Audio reserves the right to cancel or end the promotion at any time."

So, if you want to place an order at the sale price, maybe you should try calling them to place the order. Explain the situation, and ask to purchase the item(s) you want at the sale price. It's worth a try.

I'm afraid I can't answer your other questions.

Best wishes.
  • WTS
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Followup: this morning I received another email from Polk about the sale:

"Last day to save! Free shipping + save up to $1,000 on our top of the line speakers."

So, the sale appears to be still on, if the email blast can be trusted.

If you want to place an order, calling is probably your best bet. Do it today.
  • first capital
    Options
    So how long does delivery usually take if they are on back-order? I ordered on the 9th.
  • nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    Options
    why order from polk when u get the same deal without tax @ adorama?
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    nhhiep wrote: »
    why order from polk when u get the same deal without tax @ adorama?

Cuz there is no 50% discount per the F&F special??

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Erik Tracy
    Options

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • krazypolk
    Options
    I got an email about the sale however the website shows the full retail price. Bummer I wanted to try the Lsim703. Full price is too rich for my blood.
  • Erik Tracy
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    I got an email about the sale however the website shows the full retail price. Bummer I wanted to try the Lsim703. Full price is too rich for my blood.

It's called a train wreck
    tumblr_mgbqxlZhxj1rmiafjo1_500.gif

• mak99
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    Finally decided last night I was ready to place an order but by then the prices were back to MSRP. Received two emails today showing the sales price, one of them about 45 minutes ago, but the website still shows regular price. Maybe Polk will recognize the errors with the website and extend the sale a couple of days once they go back to work on Monday. I was looking forward to completing my set. Bought 703's and a 706 last time. Want to get either the 705 or 707 to round everything out. I do love the Polk's and if nothing else will jump early if there is another F&F sale.
  • mak99
    edited November 2016
    Options
    chumlie - thanks for the initial Adorama link, which I used to figure out the 706c page showing the F&F price. Order placed...

Interesting to note that that page showed as of this moment (9:04 pm):
    "Limited Time Offer 2 days 12:05:59"
    a46gmdwn9zx5.png
  • WTS
    Options
    I got another e-mail blast from Polk. According to them, the F&F sale is valid through midnight Pacific time. So, it should be good for about another hour and a half from when I'm typing this message.

But the sale prices do not currently appear on the Polk website.

Can one order at this hour by telephone?

Maybe the sale prices still appear on websites such as Adorama?
  • mak99
    Options
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    I guess I am lucky to be on the West Coast. Placed my order for LSIM 703's on Monday and they were at my door by Friday. Too bad the 706 is on backorder.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G