Am I doing this right?

Okay I've decided that I want to rip my cd to to flac. I did the first one but I don't know if I'm on the right track. I followed direction from a video off of youtube. I'm using Exact Audio Copy and the first time I got it to do it in Flac but then only 45 second of the each song. On the second try I got it extract the whole song but now its in .wav. However the properties of the extracted song is the following 44100hz, 16bit, 2 channel, 1411kbps, Codec and encoding is in lossless. Is this correct? Please someone let me know before I get too far. Thanks.
Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.

Comments

• Okay so I tried something new but I don't know if it's still the correct way of doing it. I'm currently ripping my CD into .wav format then I'm using NHC conversion software to convert it over to 192kbps into 2 channel lossless. Is this right or am I still missing something. Am I making this harder on myself by using 2 programs?
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I am not familiar with either programs that you are using, but in no known universe is 192 Kbps lossless lol...

Most around here use foobar, media monkey, or jriver. I would recommend just ponying up the dough and getting media monkey or jriver. If u do that lots of us can help u...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Ok. Yea I already spent money on NHC converter. I'll get the program you mention and get back to you guys once I do. Thanks.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    No matter what program you use, you'll need to set it up before ripping. Wav files will take up a lot of space just so you know, but are considered by many to be a tad better. Flac, apple lossless....should work fine and will save some space if that's a concern.

Once set up, the program you use should default to those settings once you start ripping. I would have any form of error correction turned on also, especially if your ripping older cd's. It may take a tad longer to download but will be worth it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    edited November 2016
    dpPoweramp is a good and fairly easy program to use. I believe there is a 30 day trial version you can download.

Also... 1 bit of advice... before you go ripping your whole collection in to any specific format try a CD or two in your desired format and them test them on whatever you're going to play them on. I tried .wav first and my Yamaha player would crackle the first second of the song and then play fine after that (don't have any idea why). I tried .flac (uncompressed) and they played fine. Personally I couldn't tell any difference between .wav and .flac uncompressed files.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Typically my flac files play at over 1000kbps... Not 192.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    I rip all my CDs to ".aiff" using iTunes.

Works fine and sounds great.

Ensuring that all the metadata and album art are correct is another issue. Some of the more sophisticated programs (v. iTunes) do a better job of this, as I understand it.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.