Rare find, wow! Fenice

Sonus Faber Fenice... Talk about a rare find. Limited edition no longer sold.

Someone is going to be real happy.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-sonus-faber-fenice-rare-incredible-speakers-2016-11-04-speakers-80905-colorado-springs-co
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited November 2016
    I knew you'd see that Joey......like a moth to the flame. >:)

I'm fact, I was going to make a thread with your name on it and the link, but other things came up before I could.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    F1nut wrote: »
    I knew you'd see that Joey......like a moth to the flame. >:)

I'm fact, I was going to make a thread with your name on it and the link, but other things came up before I could.

Aww you know me too well Jesse
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    Indeed. Obviously, caught my attention as well.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WTS
    WTS Posts: 170
    Gee, they don't take a credit card or Paypal? :p
  • Joey_V
    They take reverse mortgaging your house.
  • Hmmm,

there is Hi-Fi and then there is Re-Fi
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    Worthy of specific mention, the midranges are of the "well-hung" variety...
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Joey_V
    Hahaha
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    You need a crane to lift those into place!

I sure would like to hear those in a worthy rig.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,838
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    At least what is being sold is actual gear i.e. speakers and not some excessively overpriced wire. B)

All the years you have been here, and you still go on about wire..

Nothing like beating a dead horse, he!! It's been so long you're just smacking bones together just to still make noise about wire...

• F1nut
    At least what is being sold is actual gear i.e. speakers and not some excessively overpriced snakeoil. B)

So, you'll take on face value, since you've never heard those speakers, that what is being sold is "actual gear", yet rail against audio cables that you've never heard.

Hello!

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    F1nut wrote: »
    At least what is being sold is actual gear i.e. speakers and not some excessively overpriced snakeoil. B)

So, you'll take on face value, since you've never heard those speakers, that what is being sold is "actual gear", yet rail against audio cables that you've never heard.

Hello!

He doesn't think of cables as gear, mainly because of his background in electronics which doesn't permit his brain to accept anything else. Unfortunately, your ears are the best judge not pre conceived notions planted in your brain from formal education.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Would love to have something like the Fenice but you need everything to fit. Ain't gonna work unless you got the room the gear and the house.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited November 2016
    Couldn't help noticing the rip cord...
    They sound like Dell computer speakers to me.
  • F1nut
    Thing is, you don't have a point.

President of Club Polk

• " I've proven my point. Q.E.D."

I'm gonna go get the papers get the papers.
  • Joey_V
    I can imagine a trifecta.

Wilson Wamm Chronosonic
    SF Fenice
    Rockport Lyra

Call it a day
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Joey_V wrote: »

Wilson Wamm Chronosonic
    SF Fenice
    Rockport Lyra

Call it a day

There is always tomorrow!
  • Joey_V
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »

Wilson Wamm Chronosonic
    SF Fenice
    Rockport Lyra

Call it a day

There is always tomorrow!

Come on lottery!!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    "It's OK Honey... look at it this way... I SAVED $100k"

That should work for guys too, right?!?
  • Joey_V
    scubalab wrote: »
    "It's OK Honey... look at it this way... I SAVED $100k"

That should work for guys too, right?!?

As a fan of Home Improvement...

"I don't think so, Tim."

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Edjumacation/theory and real world experiments don't always come to the same conclusion
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12