new polk audio RTi12's from ebay

Options
124»

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Looking Good!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jaygax
    jaygax Posts: 153
    Options
    thanks Jeremy. I'm getting there. I'm thinking of dual SVS cylinders next. how's the fluance bookshelves working out for you?
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    They are just fantastic for smaller rooms. I am using the onkyo a9050 integrated as a preamp and dac, connected to an ATI AT1202 amplifier. I'm am absolutely impressed with the little bookies. They don't just sound good for their price, they sound good period. In a medium-sized room or larger though they would need some help down low.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jaygax
    Options
    hello everybody. this is the latest update i have. just got the UPA-700 amp last week and 2 pairs of polk owm3s. been enjoying dolby atmos for several days now. satisfied with the XPA5 powering the fronts and surrounds.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Nice setup! I love my RTI setup in the HT. The 12's are pretty enjoyable for music too...enjoy.
  • jaygax
    Options
    Nice setup! I love my RTI setup in the HT. The 12's are pretty enjoyable for music too...enjoy.

thanks jeremy.
  • audioblaster
    Options
    Just trying to learn a bit more here. But to the people who complain about it being to bright...couldn't you just turn down the treble. Or turn down higher frequencies on eq?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    You could, but you will lose info doing it that way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    jaygax wrote: »
    oh boy! this thread has gotten very long. i dont have time to read it. i'll read you comments when i get home. at work right now.

My eyes are bleeding from trying to read all these posts too, what is this... a pfb thread

There is no talk of damaged goods, no talk about going vegan , no talk about Jr not working well, no talk about a bald eagle or a wrecked Porsche bought off eBay. I think we are safe.

To the op. I have only heard that emo, adcomm and rtis are like oil and water, they don't mix. Like F1 said bright, bright and bright.

I'm not saying it's a bad choice. But you may want to rethink your amp.
  • jaygax
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    oh boy! this thread has gotten very long. i dont have time to read it. i'll read you comments when i get home. at work right now.

My eyes are bleeding from trying to read all these posts too, what is this... a pfb thread

There is no talk of damaged goods, no talk about going vegan , no talk about Jr not working well, no talk about a bald eagle or a wrecked Porsche bought off eBay. I think we are safe.

To the op. I have only heard that emo, adcomm and rtis are like oil and water, they don't mix. Like F1 said bright, bright and bright.

or entertain the idea of selling my rti fronts and searching for others. what do you all recommend on a marantz-emotiva setup? all front LCR speakers with a budget around $2-3 grand?
  • jaygax
    edited November 2016
    Options
    or i might just go with polks LSiM line
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

or entertain the idea of selling my rti fronts and searching for others. what do you all recommend on a marantz-emotiva setup? all front LCR speakers with a budget around $2-3 grand?

Sure would be a lot easier and cheaper to switch amps. I think that if you bought a nice used parasound rotel or B&K multi-channel amp for the fronts you would be pretty darn happy.

Or yes, the LSiM setup would be awesome, but again, that's a lot of dough.

In the final analysis, it doesn't matter what others think, do you like how your setup sounds? If so, you're good! I think lots of us would be tickled pink to have that setup, especially if its mainly for movies...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've had my Emotiva XPA-1's on the RTI12's and they were fantastic. There are many factors that can lead to a brighter sound, not just the amp and speaker combo. The source, DAC, pre-amp and room acoustics must also be considered. In my experience Emotiva and RTI's can play nicely together, maybe not in every situation though.

Let YOUR ears decide what sounds good to you.
  • jaygax
    Options
    well, the LSiM might be for future upgrades but hard to part with the aggressive look of the RTi's. since getting the marantz av7702 and audessey XT32 calibration, much has improved on the overall quality of the sound. I am satisfied as of now. most time spent at my den/HT is movie watching. my living room is where the music is. piano and guitar is in that room but thinking about a two channel system. LSiM or a pair of electrostats.