DIY 15" Passive sub

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited October 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is my PASSIVE DIY sub. It has been in use for the past year and a half or so. Never driven to hard for any length of time and will shake rattle and roll your pictures/glasses/kitchen cabinets all over.

Why am I selling if its that good you ask. Well my room needs a bit more cone surface, so I'm moving to dual 18" subs to help even out bass response and deal with the fact my room is open to a lot of space so I need more.

Plus I'm a bass head....

The sub is a 4.5 cubic foot box, tuned to 21hz. It was put together by me and a buddy and given roundovers on ALL sides, and was mounted as a downfiring sub, so its 100% kid friendly.

I have the original box for the driver and will include that with the sale, so you can upgrade the driver and sell and ship this one later if you desire.

It uses the following parts:
Asking price is 300 bucks as it stands. A amp is NOT included in this sale, nor is speaker wire.

Initially I will NOT sell the driver separate from the enclosure. I will NOT ship this beast as it is cost prohibitive. I am open to the option of meeting within a reasonable distance.

I also have a Dayton SA1000 amp that I can add to the sale as well for another 300 bucks and may even add a discount if you buy the full setup.

All kinds of pictures of the build in progress can be found below

Build thread here

5F646016-2EB9-4062-9577-A26B1FC3F468.jpg

49560EBF-1327-48D8-A343-77BF7C25DA13.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

BE255825-1DC7-408B-B307-FDC15FC40681.jpg
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• EndersShadow
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    You're a month too late... Darn it... :s
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    You still within a return policy.... or you could just go duals :smile:
  • EndersShadow
    Price drop to 280
  • EndersShadow
    Bump...

Open to throwing in a MiniDSP (110 dollars new) in the package for 320 total. Will even fully program in the highpass on the software for you so its just plug and play.....
  • EndersShadow
    Anybody.....
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    So this is a passive-aggressive sub? ;)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    Can be... it's passive... when you walk i with it... your wife gets aggressive lol
  • doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2016
    Let's meet halfway from Cali??? B)
    If u were only local...I'll even buy u a beer

Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • EndersShadow
    Sold pending payment and delivery this weekend.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2016
    Glad you sold it. I really wanted the driver as I haven't seen one for sale in awhile. Just no need for the enclosure. Dual sealed is what i'm after as well.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • EndersShadow
    Yeah, and selling the driver and still having the enclosure does me no good :smile:.

Trying to move stuff out to bring new stuff in...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Trying to move stuff out to bring new stuff in...[/quote]

What's that?
  • EndersShadow
    dromunds wrote: »
    Trying to move stuff out to bring new stuff in...

What's that?

Moving to dual 4 cubic foot sealed boxes, each with a Dayton Ultimax 18" driver, powered initially by a Crown XLS2000 in stereo, and eventually 2 Crown XLS 2000's, each one bridged....

Here's the build thread of the first sub. Once this and the Dayton amp sell, its time to purchase kit #2....

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    No, I meant I have no idea what you mean by "moving stuff out to bring new stuff in." Completely foreign concept.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    No, I meant I have no idea what you mean by "moving stuff out to bring new stuff in." Completely foreign concept.

hoarder...or is it museum artifacts :p
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    As an aside, I was in the Salk factory the other day and Jim's building custom dual subs with 24 inch woofers ... unbelievably massive in size and weight
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • EndersShadow

Lol.... it's either I move it out or I move out...

Besides a 15 won't work well with dual 18's....

Oh and I forgot the OTHER 18" driver going in the loft in a HUGE box (think large coffee table size)...

So I can give up the small little one, especially to build some extra cash for more big drivers lol
    GlennDog wrote: »
    As an aside, I was in the Salk factory the other day and Jim's building custom dual subs with 24 inch woofers ... unbelievably massive in size and weight

Wonder who his source is for the 24s....

I decided my midlife will be buying a old CRX and removing the rear seat and dropping in a pair of 8" full range in the doors w tweeters in the pillar and a 24" in the rear, just to do it lol

• EndersShadow
    Sold pending payment and delivery this weekend.

Still in this status :smile:

Hopefully delivery is this weekend.