Awesome new line from Klipsch

Options
organ
organ Posts: 4,969
edited October 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
If I knew about the new line coming out, I probably would have waited instead of getting the RF-35. Anyways, since quite a few of you are getting into tubes, you might want to check out the new Reference Premier line when it comes out. I'm sure there will be smaller and larger models. Pic is from CES.
Post edited by organ on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited January 2004
    Options
    That's only a concept model. Looks like they borrowed the cabinetry from KEF's Q series and some drivers from B&W.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • organ
    edited January 2004
    Options
    It's a concept model but word from Klipsch officials at the Klipsch forums is that they are very serious about getting this one out because so many members there want speakers that's between the Reference and Heritage lines. The THX system they showed at CES is coming out very soon though.

Maurice
  • JDOGG
    JDOGG Posts: 433
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Noooooooooooo. I should have waited also. They look totally f*%#ing awesome. Ohwell, these 25's are great also.:D
    Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
    Klipsch RF-25
    Xbox 360 with HD DVD
    Playstation 3
    Cobalt Cable
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2004
    Options
    They may LOOK awesome, but do they SOUND awesome?
    No excuses!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2004
    Options
    From what I saw they are running $4k/pair.
  • organ
    edited January 2004
    Options
    John,
    Of course they will sound AWESOME:D. I still can't believe how good my RF-35 sounds and this is better than the Reference line.

4k??? F#CK! I hope the smaller towers are a lot cheaper. I'm going to demo them once they hit the stores. If they're that much better than the RF line, I'll be whipping out the plastic card:D.

Maurice
  • JDOGG
    JDOGG Posts: 433
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I wish I had a plastic card.:(
    Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
    Klipsch RF-25
    Xbox 360 with HD DVD
    Playstation 3
    Cobalt Cable
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2004
    Options
    They look real nice, absolutely love the aesthetics.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Eye of the beholder I guess... kinda ugly IMO. Look like half the ****-end of of an early-60's Ford to me...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I won't go as far as Tour2ma, but I think I kinda prefer the looks of the Reference series. What happened to the signature copper-colored cones? Those lil' orange dust caps are supposed to remind me of them? Well, the carbon fiber-look woofers might look cool, but....

I must admit the finish looks pretty nice, though perhaps too vibrant. I think I prefer the more reserved Cherry look of the Reference Series. Though maybe the stain is the same but the grain is more pronounced on the Premier series.

Anyhoo, at $4k, it doesn't really matter what I think.

Originally posted by Zero
    Asking Klipsch fans about sound, isn't sound a moot point?

;)

Take that back!! lol :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • sowen010599
    sowen010599 Posts: 343
    edited October 2004
    Options
    But, but, but, ther're horns man......horns..........

*sigh*:(
    Go BIG or go home!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Car audio guy here so I dont know **** about HT. For years Ive always heard that Klpish is top shelf goods but theyre sold at Best Buy.

Is Klpish that good and BB is just selling their entry level stuff or have I been listening to dimwits?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited October 2004
    Options
    BB Sells the very botl.. Synergy
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    Options
    So Klpish is some good ****?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2004
    Options
    You can say that again! I love 'em!!

Here's a link to the ones I have:

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=633
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • organ
    edited October 2004
    Options
    MacLeod,
    Yeah, like Sid said, BB carries their lower line which is the "Synergy" line. Just like Polk with their RT line in CC and LSi in specialty shops.

Klipsch is some good **** BUT you have to like the 'horn sound'. Pretty hard to get a good demo because you need quality gear from source to amplification due to their high sensitivity.

Maurice
  • VR3
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Jeez Man where have u been?

RTi and LSi are now in the same store ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • organ
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot about the new CC stuff:).

Hey, doesn't you dad own a pair of Chorus? What are they doing now?

Maurice
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by sowen010599
    But, but, but, ther're horns man......horns..........

*sigh*:(

Exactly! Horns and expecially horn loaded compression drivers are very revealing in nature. This nature reveals not only sub-par equipment, but sub-par speaker designs and materials. When it doesn't work it sounds really bad but when it does work it sounds very good.

I'll put my horns and amp up against whatever you have any day of the week.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • VR3
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by organ
    Oh yeah, forgot about the new CC stuff:).

Hey, doesn't you dad own a pair of Chorus? What are they doing now?

Maurice

My Dad sold his Klipsch Chorus II to a friend after he bought his 1.2tl...
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Klipsch is a great old name whose old-school BOTL was the now prized Heresy, and it was never displayed below anything, but the entry level room of nice, mid-level audio stores (Home Entertainment here is Texas... now part of Tweeter). At around $300/ pair back in the 70's and 80's, not exactly budget speakers.

When they "updated" their original line (Horns, LaScallas, Cornwalls, etc.) they lost some of their old following, e.g., the Heresy II is not as well regarded by those who heard and/or owned the originals. But they gained new followers and that continues today. That's pretty much the way with all companies including our hosts.

Go listen for yourself, if they fit your ear bag 'em. But do give them a good, long listen, if possible on your electronics. As has been pointed out above, they tend to be bright sounding and their brightness can be accentuated by some gear to the point of being fatiguing.

On the other hand, some gear smooths them out and you can listen all day. As RuSsMan reported not too long ago, it does not require tube gear to make this happen. He married a vintage sand amp to the Heresy's with very satisfying results...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • B3Nut
    B3Nut Posts: 76
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I have a pair of 1975 Heresies with original alnico mids and tweets, and I run a Luxman M-02 sand amp on 'em. Nice and smooth, jaw dropping detail. Haven't rope-caulked the mid horns yet, still need to do that. Still, even bone-stock, they are a fine loudspeaker. They are bit shy in the bass department, I'd like to try a subwoofer with them.

I do love the immediacy and articulation of good horns...

TP