Proper setup of PSW125 with Denon avr x1200w

I recently setup my 5.1 home cinema with

1. Denon avr x1200w
2. JBL E80
3. Klipsch R25 C
4. JBL E20
5. Polk PSW125

Kindly help me with the right setup for the subwoofer settings. Rather than a hard punch I am getting a vibrating soundfrom the woofer.

I have a split RCA cable connected to LFE on sub and subout on the amp. Crossover on amp is 80hz.subwoofer levels on amp is -3.5 and volume on subwoofer is set to half.

I mostly get this continuous vibration sound effect while watching movies on DTS/DD.

Thanks

Sujit

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,322
    Hello Sujit,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. When you say you have a continuous vibration do you mean a humming or buzzing sound?
    Regards, Ken
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • it's like a humming sound that never ends. too much irritating indeed.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,322
    The way to determine if there is a problem with the subwoofer is to first turn the volume, on the subwoofer, all the way down. Then remove the connecting cable from the receiver to the subwoofer. Use a single good quality RCA cable to go from either the right or left audio output of a CD/DVD player to the single LFE input on the subwoofer. Then with a CD playing slowly turn up the volume of the subwoofer, there should be plenty of bass playing at a moderate level with no humming.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.