Happy Thankgiving to my Canadian Polkies

Just wanted to wish my fellow Canuck Polkies a Happy Thanksgiving.
lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
rti6,csi5,fxi5

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Happy Thanksgiving, my Canerdian brothers and sisters!
    Do y'all cook up a Canadian goose for the festivities?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Ditto, enjoy your Holiday.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    edited October 2016
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving, my Canerdian brothers and sisters!
    Do y'all cook up a Canadian goose for the festivities?

We not allowed to hunt those as far as I know. One of my coworkers got attacked by one at work parking lot as they had a nest there. Turkey is defrosting!
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • tonyb
    Why is it, here in the states, we have more Canadian Geese than Canada does ? :)

I guess even the Geese know the party is goin' on this side of the border. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    They sent them down here as a distraction while they amass their forces. We've become so preoccupied with the feathered vermin, that when they come storming over the border, we get blindsided.
    It'll be like "Holy Mackeral! Where did all these Canucks come from? And look at that lady one with the beard and hockey stick! Take cover!"
  • gurot1
    Lol, I hear they are big pests in Europe as well. They the national bird or something so not allowed to hunt them.
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • tonyb
    lightman1 wrote: »
    They sent them down here as a distraction while they amass their forces. We've become so preoccupied with the feathered vermin, that when they come storming over the border, we get blindsided.
    It'll be like "Holy Mackeral! Where did all these Canucks come from? And look at that lady one with the beard and hockey stick! Take cover!"

Beard and Hockey stick ?? LMAO.....you certainly have your moments Russ. Sounds like a bad horror flick to me.

Eat drink and be merry you crazy Canucks !!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian Polkies!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Happy thanksgiving giving. I'm glad we are not hosting, there is no way I'd have the energy, we just landed back late yesterday. Looking forward to some turkey and pumpkin pie.
  • lightman1
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Thanksgiving Day in Canada is tomorrow.

So. Have fun today!
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Canadians are super friendly people. Have a great day.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Happy Turkey Day. Eat, Drink, and eat some more.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Willow

Most people I know celebrate today. It's too rushed tomorrow then having to go to work the next day. This way everyone has a day to relax.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Willow wrote: »

Most people I know celebrate today. It's too rushed tomorrow then having to go to work the next day. This way everyone has a day to relax.

Exactly how We do it, get to sit on our butts all Monday and relax. Some people drive long distances, which wouldn't be very fun to rush out Monday night, drive several hours, then get up early to work Tuesday.

Happy thanks giving to all my Canadian polkies! And happy Columbus Day to our Americans friends down south! Sorry about the geese, we send all the pests down to you, including beiber.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• lightman1
    I figured you had something to do with that, MikeyB. Rotter....curses......
  • Willow
    Kinda like a toilet, we flush what we don't want down....the geese do come back which I prefer over Bieber
  • gurot1
    Lol I was going to ask if the Americans prefer the geese or Bieber!
    Oh yeah...Go Jays Go!
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • lightman1
    Anne Murray! We'll keep her.
  • gurot1
    edited October 2016
    What, it doesn't start snowing at our border? Tell that to my pet Polar Bear :p
    Don't remind me that 'winter is coming'!
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    Turkey's in the oven, Blue Jays are on in a half hour and no work tomorrow!
  • gurot1
    Go.Jays
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • gurot1
    It was a nailbiter! The game didn't let me fall asleep from all the turkey.
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Willow
    X, dont know where you get your information. Quebecers have to have them on by October 31. I put mine on whenever the temps stay under 7c. Heck my pool is still opened at a nice 88f. Kids will go for a swim later today.
  • gurot1
    In Ontario they will drop car insurance premiums a bit if you tell them you run snow tires.

Insurance still a rip off though. But I digress...
    Did it end up snowing in Calgary area this weekend?
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Willow
    edited October 2016
    Reduction or not they are a must in Ottawa. We've always had them. What I find is that many quebecers leave their winters on all year now to "save" money seeing it is mandatory to have them on.
  • gurot1
    I was thinking of moving to Ottawa many years ago. Beautiful city. Too much snow in winter though. I remember when there would always be snowbanks piled so high you would have to inch out of the driveway. Was great for doing donuts though. Used to spend a lot of time there....and then work happens.
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Happy Thanksgiving and I hope it is a good long weekend for you all!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Willow
    Been a great long weekend here. Still getting used to the time change. Making mine an extra long weekend as I'm off to Kingston to pick up a new audio treat I bought while I was in London.
  • gurot1
    Time change?
    What you get in London? Interestingly there always seems to be audio gear in London and Ottawa areas. Got my fx500 in London area in awesome condition and a great price.
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • gurot1
    edited October 2016
    :o
    There is no smiley of me palming my face and shaking my head
    rti6,csi5,fxi5