ANOTHER done for this year

Options
I blame this on Joey. I love following his journey through audio. No more for 2016 6miljagk8b0j.jpg

This baby is built like a brick #@##house! impressive

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,627
    edited September 2016
    Options
    famous last words.....

that looks awesome I'd love to get ears on that thing. B)
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Great.. congrats on the done status.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Dang....send that puppy to me and then you won't be done....again. lol Very nice spinner, one of my favorites anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Damn. Just listened to "wish you were here" sacd. now that is impressive. I follow your lead Tony too.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    My friend has one of these, they are super nice, Congradulations! Only 3 months left in 2016 so no biggie.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Damn. Just listened to "wish you were here" sacd. now that is impressive. I follow your lead Tony too.

Must be we both have those aging ears eh ? Don't forget it has digital inputs on the back so if you want to use it for those digital downloads, hook her up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    I'll believe you and Joey if you say that on December 31st!

• WagnerRC
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Must be we both have those aging ears eh ? Don't forget it has digital inputs on the back so if you want to use it for those digital downloads, hook her up.

Question? So I could my oppo 103 digital out to gain a usb input to the Cary dac?

Right now I use a mf dac that maybe I get eliminate . Thanks

This digital front is ever changing and very interesting.

I love my upgraded Logitech squeezebox into the X1 pre amps.

This Cary is a very nice player.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    Glad you like the Cary man... I enjoyed it while it was in my system for so long. I always dreamed of owning the Cary 306 SACD when it came out in 2007, but I could not afford it at that time, I had the 306/200.....

It took the Emm labs dac 2x to boot the cary out of my system, and that thing cost me an arm and a leg, so I know the cary is a good system.

Just keep an eye on the laser assembly, sometimes it fails, so if you start skipping or having disc errors, that's an issue that you will want to address sooner than later since cary still has all the parts and are pretty reasonable with the repair costs.

I like it man, good conversations behind the scenes too!

Tomorrow I send in my final payment for the 2nd half of my EMM stack... so I will have a complete source stack by next week.

2c1c307794a21b94951a1fbd120f8e21.jpg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • tonyb
    Options

Question? So I could my oppo 103 digital out to gain a usb input to the Cary dac?

You could use USB or digital coax.....maybe even fire the squeezebox into the back of that puppy. Yeah, IMHO....the dacs in the 306 are a big step up from the MF dac so you may be able to eliminate one piece in the chain.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Options

You could use USB or digital coax.....maybe even fire the squeezebox into the back of that puppy. Yeah, IMHO....the dacs in the 306 are a big step up from the MF dac so you may be able to eliminate one piece in the chain.

How does that work? I don't think the Cary 306 has a usb input? Are you suggesting using the USB input of the Oppo 103 into the Cary?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • tonyb
    Options
    These days there's a cord for everything, lol. I'm simply suggesting he take advantage of the Cary's digital inputs where ever he can....however he can.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Digital inputs it will be. I picked up a usb input device to play with. But I like Tony's advice. The dac option of this CD player is a real bonus. I have a ton of CDs to enjoy.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Yeah I like the dac
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    I will say that this is one hell of a CD player. I am blown away at the quality of music. I can't wait to to tap the dac, damn that will really be a bonus.
  • Joey_V
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I will say that this is one hell of a CD player. I am blown away at the quality of music. I can't wait to to tap the dac, damn that will really be a bonus.

Yep, it's pretty good. Glad you like it!
  • tonyb
    Options

Hey now, at your age ya have be careful about "tapin'" anything. Always check with the doc first...lol.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I'd tap dat....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I'd tap dat....

.....yes you would, and Bev would have a .357 slug up your rear end too. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    SB with acoustic zen digital mc2 cable is very good sounding. I wonder if the sonos would be much better sounding. I will say tidal is a bargain.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Yes it would, run the Sonos thru it....I know I would.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Have a good weekend Tony. Thanks
  • tonyb
    Options
    I'm tryin' Sir.....dog has a flea problem I have to deal with, pick up the in-laws at the airport at 5 a.m., party to plan for next week, and the gas company ripped up my front lawn, broke the cable service of which I can't seem to get them back out to bury the temp. line they just laid on top of the ground. Oh, and have to plan a dinner for my sister in law and her hubby tomorrow night at my house.

Hope your weekend turns out better and less congested than mine.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I'm tryin' Sir.....dog has a flea problem I have to deal with, pick up the in-laws at the airport at 5 a.m., party to plan for next week, and the gas company ripped up my front lawn, broke the cable service of which I can't seem to get them back out to bury the temp. line they just laid on top of the ground. Oh, and have to plan a dinner for my sister in law and her hubby tomorrow night at my house.

Hope your weekend turns out better and less congested than mine.

Crazy algonquinites...