Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Try to squeeze an interconnect in there, they work best together :smile:

It would be pushing it...

Full Wel...

XRL wel
    2x WEL power cord
    1 pair WEL speaker wire

All for 11700 is what he wanted... which is kinda crazy but also crazy good deal too.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Some TIMELY advice from Admiral David Glasgow Farragut in August of 1864:

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Btw, I'll have you guys know that I went from lamp cord and being an anti-cable person... but thanks to all the pestering on this super enabling forum, I cannot believe I am actually considering this...

LOL, We may have given you tons of crap over the years Joey, but only because we knew your level of gear warranted the investment. Plus.....you have to admit, once you heard a good pair of cables, your ears let you know what we were all trying to tell you.

Retail on those cables is a new Lexus......I'll take the Lexus. lol I will never pay retail for cables, they lose value quicker than an Ethiopian chicken . Let someone else take the hit I say.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Try to squeeze an interconnect in there, they work best together :smile:

It would be pushing it...

Full Wel...

XRL wel
    2x WEL power cord
    1 pair WEL speaker wire

All for 11700 is what he wanted... which is kinda crazy but also crazy good deal too.

Best have something of similar value in mind as a purchase for the wife..... lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    edited September 2016
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    Hey Todd,

I demo'd the AQ Oaks and loved them in my system. It goes Oak then redwood then wildwood then WEL.

Brand new oaks would cost me around 5000 total.

This with wel interconnect and power cord would cost 11.

The difference is it stops the upgraditis, cleans it off the table.

That's understandable Joey. I hope that you can avoid the "What if's?" though.

But feel free to bring those Bad Mothers over to my place anytime. Would love to try them.

Yeah... I'll include a post of a picture of the receipt of the entire WEL loom... This is what he is trying to sell to me.

You can see there's no way in hell I can afford the retail... He is offering most of the loom for 11k...

As you can see, this is why it's hard to resist. If I pass this up, good chance that I ain't seeing this type of thing again. And it sure as hell ain't in the budget ever at retail or even 25% off retail.

urfbj13r1qpl.png

To me, original retail price is a fool to make someone think they are getting a HUGE discount at the current offered price. It is NOT my business, but I think I must be crazy to spend that much money for these cables. If it were me, I'd rather sit down to enjoy listening to music or spend good time with family.. and forget about these cables.

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    Hey Todd,

I demo'd the AQ Oaks and loved them in my system. It goes Oak then redwood then wildwood then WEL.

Brand new oaks would cost me around 5000 total.

This with wel interconnect and power cord would cost 11.

The difference is it stops the upgraditis, cleans it off the table.

That's understandable Joey. I hope that you can avoid the "What if's?" though.

But feel free to bring those Bad Mothers over to my place anytime. Would love to try them.

Yeah... I'll include a post of a picture of the receipt of the entire WEL loom... This is what he is trying to sell to me.

You can see there's no way in hell I can afford the retail... He is offering most of the loom for 11k...

As you can see, this is why it's hard to resist. If I pass this up, good chance that I ain't seeing this type of thing again. And it sure as hell ain't in the budget ever at retail or even 25% off retail.

urfbj13r1qpl.png

Joey - Did you notice that the so called receipt says "insurance replacement Quote"?

I would imagine that this is just a listing of the items at full retail. At this level of spend I doubt anyone would ever pay full retail. But for insurance purposes I can understand.

If you can justify the investment I would say get em. I can fully understand that they will be World Class. And would love to be able to do some comparisons to other cables.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Well look at this....Gold is $1319 an ounce and Platinum is $1033 today! Just sharing....

Joey, We've never met...but as I've told you before...Your crazy man!

Its only fitting you get those $7K cables! LOL!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,518
    Options
    I contacted Audioquest... They reply real quick. The cables from pics are the latest generation, there are no plans for anything beyond it, the jacket and abs splitters are new generation, the warranty is transferable and they said the dealer is legit.

They want me to send it in for full check up and maybe changing the bananas to solid billet spades... And a quick look at any parts that might need replacement.

I am in talks with the seller as to where to go next.

Damn the torpedoes.....
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Offered the seller $5K (he wants $7800 for the wire) to take it off his hands, will see what he says. At $5K, I cant lose. Crossing fingers.

Not going to push my luck with the wife with regards to the power cord and XLR. I might regret it, but I ain't sleeping on the couch for some power cords.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I might regret it, but I ain't sleeping on the couch for some power cords.
    I bet you have a nice couch.....i'd take the risk!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Alright there's some traction here... Crossing fingers
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

Here's a thought! Super nice pull out couch for the music room, for those unauthorized purchases, the dog house is the music room... See where I'm going here?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Options

Here's a thought! Super nice pull out couch for the music room, for those unauthorized purchases, the dog house is the music room... See where I'm going here?

You're a genius...
  • mikeyb128
    Options

You're a genius...

Joey I think we are both blessed with great women. They deal with our hobby better than most, I haven't read any posts of you smuggling Boulder amps under your shirt!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Options

You're a genius...

Joey I think we are both blessed with great women. They deal with our hobby better than most, I haven't read any posts of you smuggling Boulder amps under your shirt!

yeah.... that one was too big to smuggle.... I did get a look about why was there a huge withdrawal from the checking account...

I was like... "EEEEP!"

• Joey_V
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »

i saw that, he's nearby... He's selling transparent opus... I would be scared to hear his system....

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Where was this diabolical cabal when I was married? I thought I had a few tricks up my sleeve, pffttt, I was rank amateur compared to likes of you guys. I stand in awe! ;)
  • Joey_V
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Where was this diabolical cabal when I was married? I thought I had a few tricks up my sleeve, pffttt, I was rank amateur compared to likes of you guys. I stand in awe! ;)

Yeah... A little mention here and there... Aim high... Miss... But still get something out of it.

Started off as "I found these real good cables..."

Showed the pic of the invoice... She's like "60,000??? You're not buying that"

Then I said "he's selling for 11,700..."

Then she's like "still no."

Then I let a few days pass... "What if I just get the wire not the cords and xlr?"

She's like "how much?" "7800" "if you can get it lower". "How about 5000?"

"Ok"
  • Joey_V
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sweet... part 2 of acquisition in process. Sent $5,000 to my uncle, he will do a local pick up, he will facetime me when he gets there, he will inspect and ensure everything is legit. THen I will send this to AQ headquarters.

Wish me luck that this goes without a hitch.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Best of luck to ya.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    I'm sure it will, I've had great experiences with buying used gear.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Joey_V
    Options
    Pick up is set for tomorrow in San Francisco... I will be on FaceTime making sure the cable is good.
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    Pick up is set for tomorrow in San Francisco... I will be on FaceTime making sure the cable is good.

Make sure you have backup available in case the deal goes sour.
    You may also want a Smell-o-Vision phone in case your nose is more sensitive than your pigeon's...
  • Joey_V
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Deal goes sour no back up haha

I use my uncles nose as smellovision
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Update:

Uncle just visited seller in San Francisco and checked them out. Says it looks brand new, feels solid, no fraying of the jacket, no loose connectors, all packaging intact, invoice and original materials, brand new silver polish wipe.

And... NO CIGARETTE smell!!!

He told me it looked like I was getting a steal... I told him no one ever said that about $5k cables before lol...

Done deal...

Thanks to everyone who helped me get these, words of support, and for dealing with my "what to do if it smells like tobacco" thread.

It was an enjoyable journey getting these Audioquest WEL.

I started this thread to vent... A few weeks later they turned out to be mine.

I guess you never know...

817ls83pky7m.jpeg
    1hrmji5wztqf.jpeg

• Joey_V
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I still can't believe I was anti cables forever... How did this happen...?

I'm still in disbelief
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2016
    Options
    lq10zsalp42s.gif

I'm still in disbelief

Sucker! You fell for it!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    lq10zsalp42s.gif

I'm still in disbelief

Sucker! You fell for it!

Russ et al... I blame u.

Jesse, Skip, Tony... You guys all suck
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    If memory serves me well aren't you the guy w/ that gigantic Boulder amp that's 4x the size of my Adcom, and not to mention that whole thread all yours of schellpping 2 enormous crates w/ speakers that weighed how much ? See where I'm going w/ this. I have not peeked in your wallet but cash does not seem to be your problem. If going for the best makes all the world of difference to you then do it and you won't doubt yourself at all. The wife well that's another story

Another thing please increase the size of your sig font. Drug store glasses ain't doing it for me.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc