Buying new front speakers

13»

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Stick around this place is more fun than a barrel full of monkeys. ? When I first came here I was ignorant and poor, now look at me I am ignorant and in debt!

And don't you go a-changin either, Bruce.
    Snake!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    frctj4ug1p1i.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    DSkip wrote: »
    True Ron. I've never seen someone pull a paint brush out of cargo pants, put it in another pocket, and look surprised when you found it again in the new pocket. That is, until I met you...

hey now, I'd hadda few beers ;) ...It was suppose to be a magic trick :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I think sarcasm, and plain ball busting can be a little hard to interpret sometimes by reading a sentence. A comment can be taken 10 different ways that's for sure. That's why these help :blush:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    User1 wrote: »
    There's always a "bad apple" of the bunch

In this case, that would be you.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• User1
    User1 Posts: 40
    @afterburnt, it looks like its going to be entertaining! That's for sure. (most) of you guys have already been a big help. Some... other people, which will remain nameless(and can't seem to get off my nuts... Ops I mean my off my post) just can't seem to play nice with others. :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    No harm, no fowl.

Like pheasant? Pheasant tastes good.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • User1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    No harm, no fowl.

Like pheasant? Pheasant tastes good.

Autocorrect, gotta love it. Anyway pheasant is a fine meal. Saute it with some garlic and lemon juice...You've got some good eatin'!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Man! I'm glad I didn't make any lists!

Also, @mrbigbluelight, there's ALWAYS money in the bana....I mean hot dog stand!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • :)

P.S. In my effort to be all inclusive, although a hot dog is shown, one may mentally substitute frankfurter, bratwurst, knockwurst, salsiccia, kielbasa, or some of you may prefer a good foot-long wiener.

Sal Palooza
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Jstas wrote: »
    Man! I'm glad I didn't make any lists!

I could fix that John... I've just got to cross the Delaware and make it to one of your get-togethers.

Tell Phil I say hello and hope he's doing well.

-Al
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    No time like the present, scubalab!

We'll be here, literally, all day tomorrow! If you're that close, stop by for an hour or two.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • User1
    OK guys, I think I have it. I'm taking your advice. I found an Onkyo TX rz800. 185 per channel, pre outs, Atmos etc... I think that will work for my needs. I also found some great deals on amps on eBay. That's next. I'll add new speakers AFTER I see what the ones I already have sound like with more power. Thank you for all of your help.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2016
    This is the more relevant spec

135 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven)

That number will go down with all of the speakers that you'll have hooked up to it too.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • User1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    This is the more relevant spec

135 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven)

That number will go down with all of the speakers that you'll have hooked up to it too.

That's OK. I'm getting an amp soon anyway. I'll run my L/R off the new amp and the rest off the HTR until I get another amp. My Yamaha doesn't have pre outs or Atmos, so it's time to upgrade anyway.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    I've always used Onkyo products. Since the 7th grade(I'm almost 40 now) until they started having all the HDMI issues. I got a good deal on the Yamaha. You can imagine my surprise when I turned it on. It was very different than what I expected. I'd love to go back to Onkyo but I'm still a little leary. I hope they get their issues worked out.

If you like Onkyo try stepping up to Integra, its their higher end stuff that doesn't break the bank.

http://www.integrahometheater.com/index.php
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • Welcome to the forum User1. Plus 1 vote for a new/used amp. Oh and I personally don't know F1Nut but he is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and is usually the first to answer any and all question that comes up in this forum.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.