POLK AUDIO SDA SRS 1.2

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
edited August 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Okay, here is the deal, these speakers as most of you know belonged to MADMAX who just passed away, I honestly really didn't want them but ended up with them anyway, figured what the he11, I will just clean them up, and resell them..

But then my wheels started turning, and decided to do a few upgrades as well, so this is what I am doing.

A "FULL" set of Rings that have been powder coated are being installed,
Drivers, Tweeters, PR's, Binding Post cups, and Crossover plate's, all with Rings..

The Drivers, and PR's will get the Dynamat treatment, as well as the drivers being epoxied..

The speakers already have the RDO-194 Tweeters.. :)

These speakers do have the Oak wood end caps...

The Crossovers are Stock..

These Speakers can be TL'ed but you would need to buy the RDO-198's, the nice thing is the RDO's sell well, so selling the 194's I don't see being a problem...

These do not have the cable, I am trying to find one, or I might make one, so these may or may not come with a cable...

So here is the deal on price, for any Polkie that want's these, Price is $1000

Now here is what I want to do, I payed $800.00 for them, my plan is to keep $800, and send the other $200 to Chuck's family...

I'm guessing that as big as these are, this will be tough to do on the Polk Forum, so plan B would be to list them on Craigs List for $1200, and if I got that then I would send them $400

This is a Great Deal IMO especially to the right person that would want to upgrade the crossovers as well..

I am still working on these, but plan to have them done by this weekend...

edit: I am keeping the signed PR.. B)

Cheers!!!
Post edited by Toolfan66 on

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Very nice of you Larry. Great karma for the family. I am sure they will be moved by your show of support to them during this time. GLWS
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Very nice Larry. I wish I had the space.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited August 2016
    Options
    eBay would be my choice for selling them outside the forum. These can get a bunch more money there...

Did Matt sign the PR's?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    eBay would be my choice for selling them outside the forum. These can get a bunch more money there...

Did Matt sign the PR's?

I won't mess with eBay, I don't care about more money, and eBay fees..

Yes, Matt did sign one of the PR's..
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Very nice.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Don has dibs on these till he tells me otherwise..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    It's a good thing you're doing Larry, a very good thing indeed!

I recall when Chuck got that PR signed at Polk HQ. He had this sheepish look on his face as he approached Matt with it in hand and then after, the look of a kid with a huge bowl of ice cream in front of him. Classic!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Thanks Jesse, would have loved to see that..
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Kudos to you for doing this Larry!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    Options
    Larry, fantastic gesture on your part and this is what defines the polk club family. Sorry that I don't need these but hope someone does.
  • dromunds
    Options
    I'm going to have to pass on these. I cannot work out the logistics with my friends in the area, its too bad as one of my friends was just here visiting his father several weeks ago, but he's not coming back until Christmas and he's flying when he comes this next time. Someone closer needs to grab these. This is indeed a first-class gesture by Larry and a Polkie who will appreciate these speakers should grab them real quick-like.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Sounds like the Polkie express needs to fire up once again.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Larry I might be able to help out kinda like we did shipping your 1C's to Terry in Minneapolis if you crate um up like you did those 1C's as long as it is in a city where a branch for the company I work for is close by and I know the manager.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    PM sent.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Or Nightfall buys them and makes it easy for you!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    PM sent.
    No... You can't have my amplifiers!

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Very nice gesture Larry. Karma will bless you for it. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Larry, a gracious act of kindness.

I have been looking for the appropriate place to use my 100th post and this is it.

Harry Marietta GA
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Looks like these will be going to Nightfall.. B) Local, and stay in the family..
  • dromunds
    Options
    That's outstanding! Couldn't be going to a nicer guy.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Congrats to Nitefall!

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Atta boy, J!! Your life will change forever. Congrats buddy and a tip o' the hat to you Larry.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Your life will change forever.
    A bit excessive but I like it.

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Good job guys, awesome gesture on Larrys part, Chuck is smiling knowing these will stay in the family. 2 thumbs up!
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I bet you I could fit at least one at a time with the passenger front seat and the back seats folded down. Shoot, just leave the rear hatch door open, they'll both fit.

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Haha!! I will take them to him..

I'm going to sweeten the deal for Nightfall, I'm going to include a set of custom made brass spikes...

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Ok, Larry...stop. You're gonna spoil the boy. Some of us had to work for those upgrades.

;) good on ya, buddy.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Ok, Larry...stop. You're gonna spoil the boy. Some of us had to work for those upgrades.

Wait, didn't you sell your 1C's stock and then buy them back upgraded full stop? >:)

• Nightfall
    Options
    I guess I better get some spike discs. Something like these?

https://www.musicdirect.com/vibration-control/audio-selections-support-disc-ea