Rage Against the Machine SACD Release

JPete
JPete Posts: 295
Anybody get in on the preorder for the RATM SACD release later this month? This has long been one of my favorite albums, so I'm pretty excited.. Audio Fidelity, supposed to release on June 24th.
Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends

Comments

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Yepper! I've got it on preorder. Elusive disc is running 10% off on sale prices, as well as free shipping over $99 as well - I picked up 6 discs!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• MrBuhl
    On a side note - are you going to any of the Prophets of Rage shows? I'm on vacation when they are here in DC. Bummer without Zack, but I still think the shows will be amazing.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• JPete
    I may try for either Nashville or Atlanta since I'm right in between.. Definitely a bummer without Zack, agree that the shows should still kick ****.
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Yeah, looking forward to that SACD. I am a big fan of Tom. I've seen him solo several times at "rallies." He's the man, walks the walk. Saw him play with Wayne Kramer of MC5 one time - did Kick Out The Jams. That made my day.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    Only one place to pre-order? Any links
  • MrBuhl
    edited June 2016
    Morello is a genius, what he does with that guitar, the sounds, I've not heard anyone else pull off @dromunds. Very unique in a Jack White kind of way.

My kid (OK, he's a grown man teacher) arrived today to visit, he's got pit tickets to the show in Tampa. Jelly. Oh to be young again! They'd kill me in there.

@pitdogg2: http://www.elusivedisc.com/Rage-Against-the-Machine-Rage-Against-the-Machine-Numbered-Limited-Edition-Hybrid-Stereo-SACD/productinfo/AFSA244/

is where I got mine preordered

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• JPete
    Importcds.com has it for less. Ordered mine from there. Elusive is a good site too.

• pitdogg2
    Anybody get theirs yet? I went ahead and pre-ordered from ImportCD's and 6-17 I got an email stating it was back ordered.
  • JPete
    My order status shows 6/24 ship date. Not holding my breath though.

• pitdogg2
    JPete wrote: »
    My order status shows 6/24 ship date. Not holding my breath though.

where did you order it from? Elusive shows it as in stock I was thinking that import cd had 6-17 as the release date when I ordered...
  • JPete
    edited June 2016
    I ordered mine from import cds as well. Still shows release date of 6/17, but I'm guessing they're backordered because it was less expensive than some other sites. Probably where a lot of people ordered from. Who knows. My original order confirmation on 6/1 shows 6/24 ship date. I've not received any updates since that.

• JPete
    I just checked the Audio Fidelity site out of curiosity. Audio Fidelity, being the company that is releasing the CD, still shows coming soon. Hard to believe that Elusive Disc already has it in stock when the manufacturer doesn't. Elusive is truly living up to their name on this one!

• pitdogg2
    thanks JPete I'm thinking that with the cheaper price and earlier date had a ton of sales but still if they do not have it it can't be back ordered. My email from them said that their sales exceeded their supplies....so what is the point of pre order if you do not order enough to cover your "Pre Sales"... they will not answer my question about how that could happen.
  • JPete
    I understand what you're saying. I'm not too pissed about it, although it sucks, but I ordered a bunch of other SACDs I wanted around the same time and already have them to tide me over until RATM actually shows.

I've heard that album in all different formats so many, many times that it's going to be great to really hear if Steve Hoffman and SACD format can make it even better. I'm a bit skeptical though because I have a few other Audio Fidelity SACDs that I don't think are much, if at all, better than redbook. Some of Hoffman's mixes seem off to me. Ever heard his Knights in White Satin mix? Makes me want to go out and get the masters to remix myself. It's really bad in my opinion.

He's probably mastering on B&Ws or something more snobby and maybe my SDAs just can't capture his magic...

• pitdogg2
    No I have not heard that knights mix I have heard his Dio and like you was not impressed. My original 1983 Dio CD actually sounds better both are redbook latest is 24K CD. I'm not PO'd just didn't want to miss out and then pay a premium for one in a month.
  • MrBuhl
    I think Hoffman does Yes well, I haven't heard much of his others, LMAO on his mastering speaks @JPete I hear you, beauty is in the ear of the beholder!

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• dromunds
    I got an email saying my order shipped from Elusive Discs.
  • pitdogg2
    dromunds wrote: »
    I got an email saying my order shipped from Elusive Discs.

Lucky Duck.....
  • dromunds
    Gott iit in the mail today. Will spin later tonight after work
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    Mine shipped from amazon today... and the price went down from my order last week. Only 22 bucks!
  • dromunds
    Forgot what genius this album was. I haven't heard it for awhile and it's sounding good on my rig right now.
  • pitdogg2
    edited June 2016
    I just received an email from import CDs telling me it will be back ordered for awhile due to overwhelming demand....bs I'm cancelling Monday and ordering from anywhere else. Import CDs sent me another email saying my cars SACD has shipped the tracking number has not moved in 2 weeks I've gotten sacds from Japan faster....lesson learned they better be glad I can't leave them feedback I'd blast them. First time very disappointed customer little or no response to any of my emails asking for a reasonable update.
  • MrBuhl
    Got mine from Elusive when I arrived home from vacation, was waiting for me! @dromunds agree 100% - great listen last night for me too!

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• JPete
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I just received an email from import CDs telling me it will be back ordered for awhile due to overwhelming demand....bs I'm cancelling Monday and ordering from anywhere else. Import CDs sent me another email saying my cars SACD has shipped the tracking number has not moved in 2 weeks I've gotten sacds from Japan faster....lesson learned they better be glad I can't leave them feedback I'd blast them. First time very disappointed customer little or no response to any of my emails asking for a reasonable update.

I'm with you. I got my other stuff from them pretty quickly, but they won't even respond to my ETA request on the Rage disc. I'm cancelling today and will order somewhere else.

• pitdogg2
    So I call the number I was given in one of the emails since they do not put it out there on their website that I could find, and even talking to PEDRO on the phone he would not answer my questions. I asked when they expect to have them. His response was "as soon as they are released" then went on to say that I need to be more patient because SACD delays are very common and since they do so much business with the manufactures they get them first before anyone else. this conversation was complete lies....When I told him they were released 6-24-16 and many who ordered from Amazon and Elusive disc have received theirs, he then went on a rant about HOW I should not believe what I read on the internet....I laughed and said right you do know YOU ARE on the INTERNET so in essence that means YOU!! long silence then "what may I help you with" I repeated CANCEL my order so apparently it take 48hrs for them to do that and sometime in the next 72hrs i should see money back in my PP account. Oh man I should of recorded this conversation it was that incredible.....

anybody ever have trouble with this company?

Still My Cars SACD has never updated since they sent an email stating it was to be delivered today.....it wasn't still says it is in Kentucky since day one.

• JPete
    Damn man. I just called them and cancelled too. "Movies Unlimited". Terrible customer service. Won't be getting my business anymore. He said try back in a few weeks and maybe they'll have some. Ha.

• JPete
    edited June 2016
    dromunds wrote: »
    Forgot what genius this album was. I haven't heard it for awhile and it's sounding good on my rig right now.

It's an excellent album. This and Evil Empire are amazing.

One of the best.. Me and some buddies used to cover Killing in the Name and Freedom out in the garage way back when. I tried so hard to get that lead on Killing in the Name to sound like Morello. Snake Charmer is still one of my favorites from Evil Empire.

• pitdogg2
    edited June 2016
    well Import CD's refunded all but 1.30 of my money. When I called to inquire why I was told it is a transaction fee......this place just takes the cake... I promptly called pp and told them what had happened they laughed then said well wonder how they will act when we freeze their money for a "transaction Fee" .....ten minutes later PEDRO called and said there had been a mistake and refunded my 1.30..

imagine that I said....

Disclaimer I'm sure PP didn't have anything to do with it but they did tell me not to worry they would cover if Importcd didn't come through just to let them know in a few days.

next time I all about the credit card :wink:

first an LAST TIME with this company...

I ordered yesterday from Amazon and have a firm date of Friday 7/1/16 as my have it my hands and playing .....