Muhammed Ali

2»

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Yes sir. Said that I was pretty sure he could have beaten Tyson in his prime, but wasn't sure about Sonny Listen.

He looked at me for a few seconds and started laughing. Then he said not many people know about him. He was good, but I'm the greatest ever.

Then he saw a cardinal and started talking about how much he liked spring.

Like I said, true gentleman.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    F1nut wrote: »
    Great boxer with unequaled showmanship in the boxing world. I dare say boxing has never been as good as it was in his time in the ring.

RIP, you earned it.

I'll echo that, boxing kinda went downhill after he retired. Nobody had that combination of talent and charisma he had.

Cassius Clay....remember ? Nobody could do the rope-a-dope like Ali. Howard Cosell was a marriage made in heaven to Ali's personality too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Bob Arum and Don King are the two main POS that ruined boxing.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Billy Crystal's eulogy at Ali's funeral, funny and heartfelt. Definitely worth the watch
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4935291197001/billy-crystal-explains-how-he-became-alis-little-brother/?#sp=show-clips
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I am glad everyone is now respecting Ali. I remember well the c r a p he went through for refusing to go to Vietnam. He was a man of conviction and conscious, but few realized it at the time. RIP great one.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Billy Crystal's eulogy at Ali's funeral, funny and heartfelt. Definitely worth the watch
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4935291197001/billy-crystal-explains-how-he-became-alis-little-brother/?#sp=show-clips

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited June 2016
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing...

YW, Ali was bigger than any Super Bowl he was world wide even during the most troubling times. Although I am a conservative I have to give respect to his convictions especially when they were never deterred nor corrupted monetarily. He was also very generous and he remained friends with all those he came in contact with...that takes a very special person/persona.

Pele was another who could stop war, conflict, and hate for at least a moment of time.

I couldn't stand english in school, (fiction mostly) so when I had to write papers I wrote about real people. I was very young in the times of Ali and Pele, but remembered the events as a young child.
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2221735#Comment_2221735

I wrote a paper about Ali and Pele
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a