I bought some stuff the other day

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,707
Now to work on getting a receiver!

khmt4o6tk47c.jpg

Especially since the TV is already up!

m0hl00y2kbof.jpg

I have a speaker set and an old HT receiver that I got for a steal from a fellow polkie down the NJ shore and, of course, George. So they will do until I can get the rest of what I need to install the in-walls.

Those recliners are also rockers on swivel bases so they can turn around to face the TV as well.

Don't mind the stuff at the bottom of the stairs. Just some towels soaking up the water from the AC freezing up and then defrosting while I was out. The carpet is all tiles so I just pull them up and put them in front of a fan until they dry and put them back down.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    When we said we would be back to your place this year, it was mostly for the 'Q.
    But seeing as how you went to so much trouble to make us comfortable, we may have to stay for a few days this time.

Very nice looking den, those inwalls are surprisingly good-sounding speakers, and much heavier than I expected (I have a pair of 65s used as surrounds).
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I like how polrbehr thinks B) time to stock up on the BBQ!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2016
    Nice work, John. Looks like a really nice space. Haven't been around here much, as I wince every time I look at my post count and realize HOW VACUOUS and irrelevant most of those posts are. So I'm on a post hiatus.

No need to worry though, any number of our members have filled in and filled in FAR better than cnh ever could. What a waste he is! So much less entertaining and informative than (write in favorite Polkie here ______________) lol
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Good to see you back Cnh
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    umm -- I thought that the chairs were supposed to face the TV?
    Or is that the 'rear channel' TV, for the video that's going on behind you? I have trouble keeping up with all this home theatre stuff...
    ;)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Or is that the 'rear channel' TV, for the video that's going on behind you?
    I think you're on to something...
  • Jstas
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    umm -- I thought that the chairs were supposed to face the TV?
    Or is that the 'rear channel' TV, for the video that's going on behind you? I have trouble keeping up with all this home theatre stuff...
    ;)

Ya know, maybe if you read my post you'd have seen this: "Those recliners are also rockers on swivel bases so they can turn around to face the TV as well."

The intent was to provide an area that would allow the space to be used for more than just a home theater. It worked out well on Memorial Day weekend before I got the TV where I had about 30 people over and 8 people were sitting on the section, those recliners and the ottoman just hanging out and drinking beer.

Laugh all you want, even the furniture people said it was a good idea and they were going to recommend it as a solution to other customers with difficult spaces to furnish.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited June 2016
    d'oh -- words... I kind of skim over those.
    At any rate, just kiddin' around.

In all seriousness, I am not laughing (at the actual rationale); that's absolutely fine (and I did indeed miss that) -- although we solve that "issue" a different way at our house. No TV except a tiny old CRT in the bedroom for morning TV news & an even older CRT in the 'den' that we essentially never watch. I seriously don't miss it. I think Mrs. H would watch a little more TV if we had a modern, fancy one, but she's way too frugal (cheap) to rationalize investing even a coupla hundred greenbacks in one.

Back to your room, though.

Those two swivel chairs look very close to the screen(?) -- maybe it's a photographic artifact? Not like sitting in the front row at the movies, is it?
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    good looking speakers John....I might actually test drive these chairs....

are we having a polkfest this year?
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • Jstas
    The chairs are close to the screen in that picture but they slide on the bases well until you put weight on them. So they when they swivel to face the screen, they can be pulled back. They aren't necessarily stationary where they are which is why I got them. The ability to slide and swivel makes them and the room itself very flexible.

Also, because the chairs slide, I can move them behind the sectional easily too.

I don't watch that much TV either. What I do watch is usually sporting events and movies. I have a few shows that are on the DVR regularly but most are news shows or science shows. I got the big screen because I wanted to have a movie theater like setting. I'm pretty sure I have achieved that.

• Jstas
    devani, I haven't heard anything new about a Polkfest at HQ. We could do another small one at my place again but I'd have to know what dates work for everyone.