What kind of Polk Monitors do I have?

Options
I’m new to the forum so this is my first post. I presume this question has been asked by many people. I have looked and cannot find the answer as to what is the model number of my PA Monitor 7. When I found the speaker I was told it was a Monitor 7c but looking on the web it does not look like what I have found. Some else said it is a 7b? I have taken some pictures and have attached them. Hope someone will look at my picture and be able to tell me what model I have. Thank you in advance.

wva26cimyt5n.jpg
4cjrvv74jpwq.jpg
d7d016hwa8ne.jpg
9am1psu4qwbf.jpg

Best Answers

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sweet mini Polk monitors in the background
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    edited May 2016 Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm inclined to say they are 7b's as my 7c's came with the SL2000 tweeters where as those have the peerless and external fuse [If you google -" polk audio monitor 7 " and go to
    [This is a attempt to catalog the various,,,] there will be a picture list of the various monitor series showing that to be a 7b made from 79-84
    [And BTW congrats.those are said to be the best of the vintage monitor line!]
    Post edited by befuddle on

Answers

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    7C, says it right on them.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I agree sweet mini monitors!

The thing with Polk Audio is there might be undocumented differences in your speaker depending on what happened that day at the warehouse. I would just go with 7Cs as the label states.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Musicplayer
    Musicplayer Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks to all of you that replied to my question. The mini monitors are another project in progress, they were a basket case when I found. Thanks again.
  • Scotch
    Scotch Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Too complicated... I have NUE ERA headphones black AM411004935

CAN IT BE REGISTRED ? If yes how?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'll send your information to Polk CS and ask them to register your product. I took the liberty of editing out your address and telephone number from your post.
    Regards, Ken