Amazon prime 2 day shipping is

Options
BS! They ship when the are good and ready. Does anyone get their stuff in 2 days?

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    For the most part, yes. There are occasions where even though the item is Prime, there will be a little delay. Usually it is noted in the item listing right near the Prime logo when something will not ship immediately.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Yes... prolly 90 +% of the time.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I'd agree with this guy ^^^
    I'd say more 91% of the time i get my stuff in 2 days.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I don't recall a time when I didn't??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    Options
    I've been a member for about a year now and I'd say about 95% of my 2 day deliveries came in 2 days.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    Get mine mainly in 2 days, even sometimes delivery on Saturday and Sunday. Occasionally items take a little longer but then they split the shipping and deliver the one item a couple days later.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Usually yes, except when USPS is involved. USPS "lost" five orders in their Baltimore center during the winter. Amazon's Prime service really took a big hit in my area when they got USPS more involved last year, but they seem to be getting better. Currently, an order is misdirected to New Jersey though. UPS and FedEx still rule for reliability.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    The only time it didn't for us in the past 3 years it was day 5, my wife called and they sent her another of the same item and told her to keep them both if they arrived, which they did.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    I have been a member for 3 years and got the packages within 2 days 95% of time. However, I have started questioning myself if its worth the annual membership fee. I dont stream movies/music from amazon at all. And most of my orders are over $35, prime is free on those anyway.
    Only thing they have me on hook is their car show with Jeremy Clarkson, James and Richard. Dont know when its going to release the show. Its not even titled yet. :neutral:
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Not a Prime member and usually get whatever in 2 days, some times the next day.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    Keep track of the order #s that are delivered after the initial prime delivery estimate. Once you get a handful, call Amazon and cite these order #s. They will extend your prime membership by one free month for every occurrence of late delivery. You can get up to 12 free months every year from this. I rarely need to pay the annual fee as a result of this, and my high usage of the service.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    Keep track of the order #s that are delivered after the initial prime delivery estimate. Once you get a handful, call Amazon and cite these order #s. They will extend your prime membership by one free month for every occurrence of late delivery. You can get up to 12 free months every year from this. I rarely need to pay the annual fee as a result of this, and my high usage of the service.

Another Amazon tip for frequent users: get their preferred credit card, and use it with your account for 5% off *everything* you buy.

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Options
    Nice tips Kurt!! Thanks!

I get 2 day shipping at the same 90%+ that most all others do. The times that it may take longer are when purchases are made from an independent seller, not coming from Amazon's warehouses. For such a huge entity, they do surprisingly well.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The only times I have ever had a problem was when the USPS was the carrier. UPS and fedex are very reliable for me... I did have 1 incident with Fedex over the holidays tho.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Had Prime for going on a decade and can't remember having an eligible order take more than 2 days.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    I live 4 miles from a new distribution center. I expect to be seeing drones soon...lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I often get one day delivery as well, and two day when I order on Sunday (arrives on Tuesday whereas most other places' "two-day" shipping would get in on wed.). Its all about where or not the closest warehouse has what you ordered.

I also enjoy the free streaming, I am going to cut cable for the summer and just use amazon, netflix, and maybe HBO Go. But that's for another thread...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    Phfff up here in the northern waste lands, I'm lucky if I get it in a week no matter what they say..

Cheers
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    I just made my first Prime Pantry order. That doesn't seem to be 2-day shipping, but who cares if it helps me avoid the lethargic zombie drivers/shoppers locally.
    I disabled signatures.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    We have had prime for over 3 years. I can count on one hand how many times we haven't received a prime order within 2 days.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    I ordered my Beach Boys album from Amazon on a Saturday night around 10:30pm and received it the next day Sunday at 2:00pm
    Wicked fast in my book
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 719
    Options
    I don't have prime but my last two orders qualified for "free" shipping and Amazon sat on both orders of in stock items for over a week before shipping anything. I'm wondering if this is intentional to help push me to pay extra for prime or other shipping options. Those orders took a full two weeks to arrive.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I'd have to say 98% of the time 2 days and sometimes next day.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    I don't have prime but my last two orders qualified for "free" shipping and Amazon sat on both orders of in stock items for over a week before shipping anything. I'm wondering if this is intentional to help push me to pay extra for prime or other shipping options. Those orders took a full two weeks to arrive.

From what I understand, when you use their free shipping they will wait it out and try and ship all items in one box, from one shipping center.

So, if they are waiting on an item to arrive in a shipping center close to you, they will sit on the order till it arrives and then ship the items all at once. It's much cheaper for Amazon to ship you one box from one center than multiple boxes.

But with Prime, you can choose to ship in multiple boxes to ensure the quickest possible service.

If you ordered a single item, well I guess they just dropped the ball then!
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Options
    Been using it extensively for years now. Very rare that thing arrive late. On a couple occasions I complained, and they offer a credit for the hassle. Can't imagine life with out it anymore.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I got one day shipping on Deadpool Bluray. Ordered last night, arriving today.
    Not too shabby.

I'm currently watching The Pacific on Prime as well. Good shtuff.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    Amazon was formerly a great company if you didn't happen to be a prime member. They have fallen quite a bit for those of us non-prime users. They are pushing prime like crazy these days.

I ordered some stuff (cd's and few other basic things) bought enough to cover the now increased "free" shipping threshold which is $50 instead of $35. Ordered on Saturday (all from Amazon no market place items) and as of today they still haven't shipped. WTF!

In the past even the free shipping (which required less purchases) was usually here in 3 or 4 days tops. But it's been 6 days (I count Sunday because they do ship/deliver) and it's not even been shipped. There is no reason for the delay as these are coming direct from Amazon not another vendor, and are in stock.

If this is their new business model, they can shove it. I expect them and hold them to the high standards they have proven in the past. I use them because in the past they have been consistent, easy to work with and very quick (for free shipping).

Lately their prices aren't always the lowest and now they raise the threshold for free shipping and it takes twice as long to ship the items.

I feel like they are just accommodating Prime users and the rest of us can just suck it!

Very annoyed

/end Rant

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    Options
    Mail and package theft is a problem here west of Seattle.

It takes 3 to 5 days before the item is shipped if it's going to the post office box.

If it's going to the house they ship almost immediately and UPS has it here in 2 days. Hopefully it doesn't get stolen.

Is it really that hard to drop a package in the mail?
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • WastelandWand'r
    Options
    Is a pipe dream for me.
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!