RTi8s, CSi5 and Adcom GFA-5006 bridged?

Options
trj
trj Posts: 320
I have RTi8s and CSi5 as my LCR and RTi4s as surrounds. I have a lead on adcom GFA-5006. Although I was not planning on getting any gear till I move, this little adcom caught my eye. Specially because it has the trigger input which I would like to have rather than leaving the amp ON all the time or having to turn it off everyday.
From the specs, I see that its a 6 channel amp with 50W at 8ohms and can be bridged to 175W at 8ohms for 3 channels. I plan to use this amp for LCR in bridged mode and later after the move, use it for powering surrounds and/or overheads if I go ATMOS after the move.

Anyone used this amplifier with RTis? Would it be a good idea to purchase this 6 channel amp and bridge it or go with something like NAD C272 for L and R and let the receiver handle the rest.
I use my setup mainly for HT purpose, but lately I have started purchasing SACDs and enjoying the 5.1 music. This is what is pushing me to look for little warmer amps to match with RTis.

Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300

Comments

• trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Update: Brought home the GFA 5006. Currently hooked up in bridged mode powering the front 3 channels at 175 watts each. Sounds so much better than the power from receiver.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300