That time of year again - Mowing season

124»

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    cmy330go, Your lawn looks great!!! We had a GH 730D, with a 72" Deck, the GH Decks can sure lay down some stripes...

58f0ef5d-9172-4368-8d55-7604db4e77c3_zpscmntjgrh.jpg
    IMG_4166%20800x533_zpszs6idsmc.jpg

A Finish Mower we had back when we used to mow a LOT of grass

4610W-1_zpsiuolkqoc.jpg

IMG_3841%201024x683_zpsmr2j0hai.jpg

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Very nice Reeter! Love that Kubota/Rhino rig too! Sometimes wish I had less trees so that I could use something similar to that. I have though been considering swapping to the 72" deck since I don't think I have any places at this house that it wouldn't fit. Can't decide if it would really be worth the gain.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    tonyb wrote: »
    vmaxer wrote: »
    I know some won't like this, but I just sprayed about 40 gallons of weed killer. I am surrounded by woods on 3 sides and have to keep it under control.

secapnmw8tig.jpeg

Whats not to like ? Have to keep that insect control and weed control going or the woods will expand and take over. Grubs...hate grubs, try keeping a lawn next to woods. Don't know how the golf courses do it but it's a pain and constant battle keeping the two separated.

Try dealing with the mole cricket.

1wgk7mra1bvt.jpg

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    cmy330go wrote: »
    Very nice Reeter! Love that Kubota/Rhino rig too! Sometimes wish I had less trees so that I could use something similar to that. I have though been considering swapping to the 72" deck since I don't think I have any places at this house that it wouldn't fit. Can't decide if it would really be worth the gain.

It's difficult to realize the extra width of the wider deck when you still have to overlap a little on each round, but it does add up when you have a large property.

I was mowing a little over 6 acres with our GH. Also loved that Grammar Seat!

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My lawn gets treated once a quarter for grubs and other pests (like fire ants). Those who don't treat get frequent visits from Florida Chickens (Ibis's) that will spend the day aerating and picking grubs out of your lawn. I don't think they get all of them but you can tell who doesn't treat.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • cmy330go
    It's difficult to realize the extra width of the wider deck when you still have to overlap a little on each round, but it does add up when you have a large property.

I was mowing a little over 6 acres with our GH. Also loved that Grammar Seat!

I've only got just over 3.5 acres, but since it's all irrigated and treated I usually have to mow it quite often, so guessing the time saved would add up fairly quickly.

You're right about that seat! I've got a couple fairly rough patches, and can't imagine how bad my butt and back would hurt if I didn't have that thing.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Spent this Sunday prepping my Swisher rough cut mower deck. Charged up the battery, slimed the tires, checked the blade and replaced the spark plug. She needs an oil change, but I'm too damn lazy to do that yet. I want to pick up one of those oil change pump thingies so I can just draw the oil out of the dipstick tube.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • cmy330go
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Spent this Sunday prepping my Swisher rough cut mower deck. Charged up the battery, slimed the tires, checked the blade and replaced the spark plug. She needs an oil change, but I'm too damn lazy to do that yet. I want to pick up one of those oil change pump thingies so I can just draw the oil out of the dipstick tube.

Those oil extractors are about the best thing since sliced bread. I bought one years ago when I got the wife a Jetta TDI. I've used it on more vehicles and small engines than I can remember. Also found it useful for other odd jobs. Just the other day I was doing some maintenance on my irrigation system, and I used it to clear some standing water in one of the valve boxes.
    HT

2 CH
  • steveinaz
    I have so many "small engine" thingies---I need to get one these oil extractors. I could use it for my atv as well.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    I have so many "small engine" thingies---I need to get one these oil extractors. I could use it for my atv as well.

Use it with caution!!!

I took my 1993 Lexus GS 300 to one of those shops that use an "oil extractor" for a simple oil change. It sucked the oil out of the crankcase, but it didn't remove the residue to the extent that actually draining the oil from the oil pan does. The residue caused problems.

It isn't that hard or that time-consuming to drain the oil, especially from a small engine. IMHO
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• steveinaz
    Moose--I have read to make sure to only use the extractors on machines that have a dipstick tube that goes all the way down to the pan.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Toro Timemaster 30 here. Stripes look awesome.

j7jt2ai4ilb1.jpeg

2qs7x9nzbfrc.jpeg
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • fraydog07
    fraydog07 Posts: 36
    I wish I had a mower like that! I would be mowing every other day... my lawn would be the best kept yard in the neighborhood!
    (Main) Yamaha rx a3040, Emotiva XPA-5, 2X Polk Audio RTIA9, Definitive Technology Mythos 10, 2X Polk Audio M20, Klipsch RW12d, 55in LG led TV with color changing accent lights behind.
    (Zone 2) Athena Technology AS-F2 100 inch elite fixed screen with led accent lights. Epson 1040 projector.
    (Zone 3, outside deck) 2X Definitive Technology AW6500.
    (Bedroom) Kenwood receiver, 2X Polk Audio Monitor 75t.
  • fraydog07
    fraydog07 Posts: 36
    D'prived wrote: »
    I would rather mow the yard 3 times a week during the summer, than shovel snow one time in the winter. Let the grass cutting began.

Plus... a riding mower has a holder to put your beer!

But in the winter you don't have to worry about you beer getting warm...
    (Main) Yamaha rx a3040, Emotiva XPA-5, 2X Polk Audio RTIA9, Definitive Technology Mythos 10, 2X Polk Audio M20, Klipsch RW12d, 55in LG led TV with color changing accent lights behind.
    (Zone 2) Athena Technology AS-F2 100 inch elite fixed screen with led accent lights. Epson 1040 projector.
    (Zone 3, outside deck) 2X Definitive Technology AW6500.
    (Bedroom) Kenwood receiver, 2X Polk Audio Monitor 75t.
  • steveinaz
    Wow, that is some gorgeous deep green grass!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Moose--I have read to make sure to only use the extractors on machines that have a dipstick tube that goes all the way down to the pan.

Do they make those things for people too ? I know a few dipsticks and their tube definitely goes all the way down to the pan. ;)

If that grass was any greener, you'd think Leprechauns were taking care of it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Beautiful home! Stripes look perfect... you use a stringline? :p
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Toro Timemaster 30 here. Stripes look awesome.

j7jt2ai4ilb1.jpeg

2qs7x9nzbfrc.jpeg