Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Lol. You can't make this shite up
  • notified
    notified Posts: 175
    Options
    Its been said "All good things must come to a end" And to have Axl's winnyness replace Brian's gruffness proves the band must be entering into a advanced state of dementia!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    Given that Malcolm Young actually has dementia, that comment wasn't funny. At all.
  • notified
    Options
    Hey 2cents Dave unfortunate as it is Malcolm aint in the band no more. Too bad though he may have insisted on a better replacement choice than Angus.And my comment wasn't intended to be humorous Actually in its seriousness it may be considered more of a commentary for a reason there for
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Back peddled like a boss!!!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Back peddled like a boss!!!

Yep!!

• notified
    edited April 2016
    Options
    like a boss??,,,,pro [perhaps] true politician [sure] however still not applicable in this regard
    Post edited by notified on
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    I saw the reincarnation of G & R on Palladia/MTV LIVE from England. They 4 lead guitarists among other assorted so called musicians and personally I thought it all sucked. Now I will fully admit that I never liked them, they always had a reputation of very late starts to shows which would drive me nuts because every venue has curfews and thought Slash a decent Les Paul player. Again coming from a Dead head non heavy metal taste dude. The only heavy metal act that worked for me was Metallica's version of Bob Seger's Turn The Page.
    If anyone deserved a punch in the face for no reason at all it would be Axel Rose and I'd be the one to do it. WOW such violence from a mellow dude like me.....lol
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    I think it's a disaster waiting to happen IMO, I heard Axel on a concert video and I can't remember which one it was, but he sounded god awful..
    I love AC/DC and I just hope Angus sees the concert video I did and puts the brakes on that act of desperation..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Well the pieces have come together..

http://youtu.be/A0TXREMN1N8
  • Jhayman
    Options
    Well holy COW balls, I'm impressed.
    I did not know he had a broken leg, I only watched a minute or two but did I see Slash playing?
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Jhayman
    Options
    Back up I just read the YouTube title, G'n'R with Angus Young, I thought it was the other way around, or maybe it's a little taste..
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Options
    Told ya so ;)
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    It's confirmed on the AC/DC website, Axl will finish the AC/DC tour..
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This 'splains it, Lucy. A bit of Coachella GnR video for consideration

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-guns-n-roses-bring-out-ac-dcs-angus-young-at-coachella-20160417

2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • notified
    Options
    I guess I've become rather bias as I've been a fan since Jailbreak and they were the first concert I attended back in 78,In the years following I never really thought that Brian could acceptably replace Bon's sound in doing their early songs.But I came appreciate that Brian was much better suited for the songs that followed.
    But still.irregardless of his character it was due to Axl's grating style that I was never a big fan of GnR despite the fact that imo they have about 8 songs that should be considered rock classics.And while the band came out sounding great and Angus was in top form,its still inconceivable from my point of view that anybody that appreciates AC/DC classics could enjoy listing to 2-3 hours of Axl's rendition of them! I'd rather go hear a closer sounding cover band
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    7 thousand Belgian fans have requested refunds on their tickets. Didn't see this one coming.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/7000-belgian-fans-request-acdc-ticket-refunds-because-of-axl-rose
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk