I thought I was lazy

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Wow. Before long, we'll never have to leave the house.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Stupid is my first thought...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    If only I had one on my headboard for magnum contraceptive.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    I would think that an app on your Kindle or idevice that allowed you to organize a couple hundred household items that you regularly use would be a cool way to shop for those things without leaving home. Push the buy button, fingerprint the authorization and go back to playing candy crush....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    If only I had one on my headboard for magnum contraceptive.

smruab3on0q6.jpg
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I do admit I buy a lot of Carp from Amazon so I don't have to drive into town to wally world or other places.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Simply amazing.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    What the heck is a dash button anyway ? You mean you push that button and an automatic order is placed on amazon ? .....and you have to pay 5 bucks for each button ?

I never heard of such stupidity.

Couldn't you achieve the same thing with the Amazon Echo....Siri ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    If they start offering more of the products I use at a decent price, I'll totally get into this for dish detergent, laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, and the like. Heck, this would be killer for Charcoal! Just press the button when I'm out cooking and realize I'm getting low.

I don't really do shopping lists and hate going to Target so I forget about being low when I'm at the grocery store and typically their prices on those things aren't very good.

You get the $4.99 button cost refunded upon your first purchase via the button.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What happens when you press the button because you're low on TP but then your old lady uses the bathroom 30 minutes later and also presses the button because she notices you're low on TP?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What happens when you press the button because you're low on TP but then your old lady uses the bathroom 30 minutes later and also presses the button because she notices you're low on TP?

lol....or when that kid comes over, the one from the family member everyone avoids, and starts pushing buttons like crazy. Then you hide the buttons....and forget where you hid them after the kid leaves.

So, if I understand this correctly, the average house needs something like 100 buttons laying around ? Doesn't compute for me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited April 2016
    ledhed wrote: »
    If they start offering more of the products I use at a decent price, I'll totally get into this for dish detergent, laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, and the like. Heck, this would be killer for Charcoal! Just press the button when I'm out cooking and realize I'm getting low.

I don't really do shopping lists and hate going to Target so I forget about being low when I'm at the grocery store and typically their prices on those things aren't very good.

You get the $4.99 button cost refunded upon your first purchase via the button.

You "don't do" shopping lists ? lol Too much effort to write ? :) Try a real grocery store besides Target too for better pricing. ;)

With this generations affection for their phones, you can speak the list into the phone, no writing. Wouldn't that be preferable to a bunch of buttons hanging around ?

Now if they had a Cannoli button....different story.
    Post edited by tonyb on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I always have an Amazon page open on my PC I don't need a button on the terlit to order.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    tonyb wrote: »
    You "don't do" shopping lists ? lol Too much effort to write ? :) Try a real grocery store besides Target too for better pricing. ;)

With this generations affection for their phones, you can speak the list into the phone, no writing. Wouldn't that be preferable to a bunch of buttons hanging around ?

Now if they had a Cannoli button....different story.

Pretty much all I go to are real grocery stores - I HATE going to Target or such places. But often grocery stores don't have good or sale prices on household items.

I'm single so I only buy what I need for when I need it so I'm typically buying ingredients for one or two recipes. Write down ingredients,go to store, come home and cook.

I just think it'd be really handy if when I grab a roll of paper towels from the cabinet and notice I only have a roll left to push the button on the cabinet door or something and not have to worry about it again. Browsing for a particular product on my phone isn't something I can typically manage if I'm in the middle of cooking or cleaning.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    No cell phone, No cable..........actually no car for that matter.
    I'll stick to my local grocer and a hand written list.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Polkaguy58 wrote: »
    No cell phone, No cable..........actually no car for that matter.
    I'll stick to my local grocer and a hand written list.

But...but... how do you get to your local grocer?? These Dash buttons would be perfect for ya! (kidding...) :p
  • afterburnt
    Maybe we are going to evolve into a race of hominids with giant thumbs and really really small heads?
  • afterburnt
    We should all have vending machines in our homes. Anyone seen Idiocracy?
  • tonyb
    DSkip wrote: »
    I think its a beginning of a revolutionary way to shop and maintain a household. It won't be good for local business, but will be great for the consumer.

I don't think so Skip. Most wait until the last second to go shopping or mentally decide, "Oh crap, I need this or that".

Toilet paper is one such item, you gonna wait for Amazon to deliver it or are you marching to the store to grab some rolls ? Or your cooking and need more garlic or whatever, you going to stop cooking and wait a day or 2 ?

Most the time the things we really need, we need right then and there. Pushing a button will not solve that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I would say this is the second laziest thing I've seen. A couple of years ago I ran into a friend at the local grocery store. In her cart was packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. One sandwich in an individually wrapped pack.

I still think that's a little lazier, unless she simply lost the recipe for them.
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    I see the utility. If I'm in a different part of the house doing laundry and get low on the detergent, boom, press the button.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103
  • tonyb
    We may disagree, which is ok, but I don't see it as convenient, just promoting laziness and making people less social than they are now. Let alone loss of jobs at the grocery store level.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    nbrowser wrote: »
    We may disagree, which is ok, but I don't see it as convenient, just promoting laziness and making people less social than they are now. Let alone loss of jobs at the grocery store level.

Which is why when grocery shopping I don't use the self checkout lanes but instead go to one staffed by a human being which is most likely a late teenager etc. making their way. Gotta keep people working I say.

You mean....you actually talk to people Ken ? WTF is wrong with you ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475

lol....or when that kid comes over, the one from the family member everyone avoids, and starts pushing buttons like crazy. Then you hide the buttons....and forget where you hid them after the kid leaves.

So, if I understand this correctly, the average house needs something like 100 buttons laying around ? Doesn't compute for me.

Maybe just add an addition to your house or have a dedicated wall for all your buttons and call it something clever, what I don't fricking know.

• footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475

True, but some one is planning on making some $.