Which Receiver for RT8001, CS400i,RT600?

Options
tmorgan
tmorgan Posts: 37
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Has any of you heard The RT800i, CS400i, rears RT600 with either the Denon 3802 or the Marantz SR-7200 or any other newwer type receiver that cost about $800? I have ordered the Marantz but the delay in shipping is testing my patience. The last thing my dealer said was not until 8/24 for the 7200. The 6200 sounds very good to me but I want the componet switching and the better DAC's. I have a Panny RP-91 on the way to use with a WS-65907 Mitsu. My sub is a Polk PSW140 (10" 185W). Any receiver suggestions?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Tom
    I have the 3801, I picked it over the 3802 because of the price difference. I got the 3801 for $700, I could not see paying the difference between the 3802 and the 3801 or waiting for the 02. To me the difference was minimal. I have listened to Marantz and the quality was very good also but it was not hooked up to Polks. I use mine bypassng the Denon's amps with Krells so I can't realy give a good comparison of the receivers amps. For ease of use the Denon is very good. Quality is very good, the two one button comands with up to 29 different comands is great. Push one buttonand everything turns on and is set right and the movie starts. One feature I realy liked was the programing of the remote. It's automatic, like for the TV when it finds the right choice for your TV it changes the channal and you just press enter. No more trying different numbers.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • weavercr
    weavercr Posts: 289
    edited August 2001
    Options
    The only other receiver I would add to the list is the Onkyo 696 for that price range. It has componet switching.
  • tmorgan
    tmorgan Posts: 37
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Thanks for the replys. I am still waiting for the Marantz. I got the RP91k to play with so that is helping a little. I sure wish 8/24 would get here and that they are not lying about the 7200 being here on that date.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Chris,

Like you, I am using the Denon 3801 to power my mains (SRS-SDA 3.1TL's) via an external amp. I'm using the Krell KAV-250A.

Question for ya.... would it be worthwhile to add a Krell KAV-250P preamp to my system?

Have you thought/considered this? The krell is supposed to sound much better with balanced inputs.

Please give me your opinion.

Thanks,

Ron
  • reallykool
    reallykool Posts: 1
    edited August 2001
    Options
    i got the kenwood vr 4080 for my rt600i's.

they sound superb!!!