Batman v Superman

Options
My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    I don't get it... There is no way Batman is even remotely close to being anything more than a minor nuisance to Superman.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    I don't get it... There is no way Batman is even remotely close to being anything more than a minor nuisance to Superman.

I agree.... but they have to come up with a script...bet you a dollar tho they join forces...

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    Looks like it will a fun movie.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This better be the "best" superhero movie EVER made because Zachie has been working on it for YEARS! In fact, it's been so LONG since the previous Superman that people were starting to wonder if Snyder would ever finish this film! And I am NOT kidding!

On the other hand maybe he's just trying to wait till he turned 50 to get this out. That is/was a milestone year for many of us. Been there done that! lol

I can't see Batman hanging with Superman without some Kryptonite in that Hulkbuster like suit? Or maybe some Kryptonian sunlight?

So what do we know so far? The Bat and Sup fight it out due to misperceptions fueled be Lex L., who is meanwhile slicing and dicing General Zod's DNA to birth Doomsday, who will probably require a team effort from Sup, Bat, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc., or an origin story for the JLA. And so on. All leaked relatively recently as per Snyder's agenda. Or at least this is the general take on it at this point. And the trailer conforms to this from what I've seen?

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Man of Steel was awesome so I am hoping for this to be as good....

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    I thought I read somewhere awhile back that batman carries kryptonite in his utility belt. I thought the same thing. Batman has no chance versus superman. Looking forward to seeing it, just don't like the idea of Ben affleck as batman.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    With you on the Affleck thing... He's a bore...But they have had a lot of bums as batman and they were still good.

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Yeah...it looks to be entertaining. I'll probably take my son to see it.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I just googled it. Couldn't find Gotham City nor Metropolis anywhere. :p
    Both "cities" are said to be New York City yet these two have never met before? I already call foul! Batman is the only game in town. This superman joker needs to go! (see what i did there?)

Gotham
    Metropolis

As for Ben being the Bat. What are ya gonna do....It's Hollywood.
    Bring back Keaton!

Bale sucked
    Kilmer SUUUUCKED
    Clooney blew
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Bring back Adam West!!!

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    No........

:p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • gurot1
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bring back Adam West!!!
    bvkv0zo0bfa6.jpg
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • gurot1
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Saw it last night at a screening, it was a fun movie. I never read the comics as a kid, so I do not know how much it followed the comic book plotline. Dont worry, no spoilers here. Would have been a bit too much for my five year old who had wanted to go as well. Lol he tried being all cute and nice when I got home from work to see if he could get me to agree to take him.
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    The closest storyline comes from the fight between Batman and Superman in The Dark Knight Returns graphic novels by Frank Miller. Basically, in the last issue of that 4 issue mini-series, Batman fights Supes knowing he can't beat him, but he wants him to know he's been in a fight. And he gets some help from Oliver Queen, aka The Green Arrow.

As far as Gotham and Metropolis are concerned, IIRC, Gotham was considered to be Chicago and Metropolis NYC, at least as far as the early comics were concerned.

Your friendly neighborhood Geek.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options
    I'm amped for it. Got tickets for this Sunday... plus, Wonder Woman. This is an intro to her relaunch and a lead up to the Wonder Woman movie.
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Super excited about this movie. But not so much about Affleck being Batman. Planning to go this Sunday. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations.

Tip: If you don't have batman/superman blu rays and were going to purchase the tickets, buy those blu rays from best buy and use the movie cash. Bought Batman begins and Man of steel last month on Blu Ray from best buy to complete my collection of batman. They have some promotion going on for movie ticket cash. Now I need to go find those little stickers from the packaging. Hopefully I didn't throw them away.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Just got home from seeing this.

WOW, that was seriously awesome! I loved it! When Wonder Woman made her entrance...oh man! This is Wonder Woman done right.

Everyone complained when Ben Affleck was cast as Bruce Wayne / Batman. He pulled it off big time!

All the negative reviews on Rottentomatoes, I have to wonder if a lot of them even watched the movie and paid attention or were **** with their smartphone through a lot of the movie posting to social media. And NO, stop trying to compare it to Avengers. Go in and enjoy!

Did I mention Wonder Woman is hot. NO? Well I am. She's hot! <3<3<3
    No excuses!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    So.........how was Wonder Woman?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • whgarrett1394
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Just got home from seeing this.

WOW, that was seriously awesome! I loved it! When Wonder Woman made her entrance...oh man! This is Wonder Woman done right.

Everyone complained when Ben Affleck was cast as Bruce Wayne / Batman. He pulled it off big time!

All the negative reviews on Rottentomatoes, I have to wonder if a lot of them even watched the movie and paid attention or were **** with their smartphone through a lot of the movie posting to social media. And NO, stop trying to compare it to Avengers. Go in and enjoy!

Did I mention Wonder Woman is hot. NO? Well I am. She's hot! <3<3<3

I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I can't help but think that most who disliked the film either can't get over the fact that Affleck is Batman or that it is a serious/dark film unlike the Marvel adaptations.

Can't wait to see it.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • Strong Bad
    Options

I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I can't help but think that most who disliked the film either can't get over the fact that Affleck is Batman or that it is a serious/dark film unlike the Marvel adaptations.

Can't wait to see it.

So many of the reviews I read, said it was too dark, too serious, not enough humor, comparing to Avengers, blah blah blah. NOW, if they would have gone the Avengers style, then they'd be complaining that they simply copied Avengers and hated it too. Then you have the ones that can't get over that Christopher Reeve is not around anymore to play Superman. And of course complaining that Wonder Woman is not some muscled up bodybuilder with a DDD chest! Then we have the Affleck haters, who just want to hate him for some reason. I don't know.

The dark serious tone really did it for this movie. It's a winner! Go enjoy it!
    No excuses!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    So.........how was Wonder Woman?

Well...She gets mad if I talk about her like that so I best not say!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    Options
    Oh Wonder Woman. Who could best Linda Carter? Ha
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    halen wrote: »

Yeah, I hear you.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Strong Bad
    Options
    halen wrote: »

In terms of actresses, sure Linda Carter was stacked! No doubt about that!

In terms of versions of the Wonder Woman character, this new version crushes the old TV series version. The old version was more like a beauty queen prancing around in revealing bodysuit (I am NOT complaining!). This new version, she's a warrior who whoops some serious tail and completely holds her own. This IS the version of WW most fans have been waiting for.

No excuses!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am guessing that you have seen the new wonder woman movies to justify that claim? To my knowledge there are zero out to date. A press screening of the new batman v superman the other day.

I am curious so I ask.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes. Linda Carter. Game over.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Who needs a cable debate when we have:........let the flames begin!!!!!
    1jkxem2fmkxa.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hahaha. Let me imagine a kick **** wonder woman that everyone had been waiting for....... With zero views.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    My vote for Lynda

4zhbq0uy002q.jpg

b60tqcqaacf0.jpg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    How about a deleted scene from BvS? Pretty obvious why it wasn't included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8iRvQdSGA