RIP Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest

Options
Phife Dawg of the legendary and hugely influential hip hop group A Tribe Called Quest passed away this morning.

Whether you like hip hop or not, you have to respect the impact that A Tribe Called Quest had on music. They were a big part of teens and twenties and will always remind me of good times.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/a-tribe-called-quests-phife-dawg-dead-at-45-20160323

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    First I heard of them was a reference in an Eminem song. Then listened to them. R.I.P. Much too young
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    RIP indeed!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • breal74
    breal74 Posts: 324
    Options
    [quote="breal74;172313"They were a big part of MY teens and twenties and will always remind me of good times.[/quote]

Had to correct that...
  • whgarrett1394
    Options
    People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm, Low End Theory, and Midnight Marauders are all hip hop classics.

"You on Point Phife?" RIP
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer