I ordered a CD from Amazon on 1-2-16 and still haven't gotten it

They have sent me emails from time to time to confirm that I still want the CD. I paid 12 bucks for it now it is listed for 45 bucks but temporarily out of stock. What gives?

Comments

• Sounds to me like a company that didn't actually have it in their possession and now can't find it to fill the order.

Was it supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon? Prime?
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    My guess is that it was depressing. :|
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    So does Amazon wait til they get the item in stock before charging for the $12.00 or has Amazon already taken the $12.00 from your account when you placed the order? I was thinking they wait til the item is in stock.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Sounds to me like a company that didn't actually have it in their possession and now can't find it to fill the order.

Was it supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon? Prime?

Yes by Amazon LLC
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    What CD is it?
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    You are getting me worried now. I ordered a couple of SACDs from amazon (seller is zooverstocks or something like that). Its supposed to come from the UK. Hmmm. Hopefully it comes.
    On the related note, My Dire Straits Brothers in arms SACD I ordered from another seller is out for delivery. Cant wait to get home and try it out in my SACD player.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    This happens all the time. I've had it happen a few times with rarer vinyl that is low stock or out of stock/ends up being backordered. With vinyl it sometimes means it's waiting on repress and may or may not even fill. I've been waiting on a Mofi Natalie Merchant Tigerlily.

Your purchase price is honored as long as you keep telling them yes, you still want it. Annoying if it's something you really want. If it's cheaper when it becomes available, you get the lesser price. Cancel the order any time you like if you prefer not to wait.

Nothing to be worried over. You'll never lose your money.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    TRJ, I've ordered stuff from the U.K. before. Once it's shipped, it may sit in Customs here in the States for 2-3 weeks or more. Did you get tracking on it?
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    I have 3 sellers on agon who have 10k of mine in their pockets. 2 of them aint even gotten back to me with any kind of message in nearly 2 weeks!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Either wait, or cancel. What is the problem? I have had this happen a few times over the years. As the Stones say, "You can't always get what you want ".
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    If I cancel I loose out and 1 of the sellers always takes a long time anything I order.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Oops. Sorry. I was applying to the OP. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    The only items I have had issues with delivery from Amazon has been music. They made right each time however.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    TRJ, I've ordered stuff from the U.K. before. Once it's shipped, it may sit in Customs here in the States for 2-3 weeks or more. Did you get tracking on it?

No tracking number. It just says shipped via royal mail. Its just been about 10 days though. The orders are for Dark Side of the moon SACD and Led zeppelin Remasters. I am just getting more impatient because I got my first taste of SACD with Dire Straits today. Oh boy, More money going to be spent. :smile:
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    My first step would be to call customer service. In my experience their customer service is pretty good, they may be able to give you more information on the subject than the Polk audio forum may be able to.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Not worried, just thought it was odd taking so long and quite a few "you still really want this?" emails
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Not worried, just thought it was odd taking so long and quite a few "you still really want this?" emails

I ordered an LP for my girlfriend for Christmas, it didn't state it was coming from the uk. Needless to say it didn't get here in time. Kind of silly it asks if you still want it lol
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.