TSx330 vs T50

Options
I have been reading some pretty solid reviews on the new T50 and was wondering how they stack up to the TSx330? I have been able to catch a limited deal on the TSx which makes the prices much more competitive. Currently looking to replace an old set of R30s.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    The TSX is a little higher in Polk's speaker line than the T series speakers. Both speaker lines are designed for home theater use, and sound pretty good for their price points in that application.

Since the T series is an entry level speaker, it's only available in black, while the TSX line has an option of cherry finish. Personally I think the TSX line looks a little better, but that's a personal preference.

I think the mid range imaging is a little better on the TSX speakers, and with the 330's or the T50 you'll need a sub woofer, but the bass response is pretty much even from what I remember.
  • Houston1906
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    The TSX is a little higher in Polk's speaker line than the T series speakers. Both speaker lines are designed for home theater use, and sound pretty good for their price points in that application.

Since the T series is an entry level speaker, it's only available in black, while the TSX line has an option of cherry finish. Personally I think the TSX line looks a little better, but that's a personal preference.

I think the mid range imaging is a little better on the TSX speakers, and with the 330's or the T50 you'll need a sub woofer, but the bass response is pretty much even from what I remember.

Thanks for the insight. I am really leaning towards the TSX. I already have a pretty solid sub, so that part is covered. I'm pretty sure both would be a healthy upgrade to my current setup though.
  • Houston1906
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    The t50 are gems. I haven't heard the tsx line so I can't do a comparison. I refer friends to the t50 all day long because they are that good.

Thanks for the info DSkip! I have been hearing a lot of good reviews on the T50. The one thing that I notice is the fact that they look like the same woofer and tweeter as my R30's but with two extra radiators and no port. I'm sure there is a different sound quality though.
  • Houston1906
    Options
    Also, add the Monitor 60 to the mix. I recently found a great deal on those as well.
  • Jayatu
    Jayatu Posts: 12
    Options
    I am thinkingof buying polk t series with denon avrx 1200. How about denon 520bt? Or polk tsx 330?
  • Houston1906
    Options
    Jayatu wrote: »
    I am thinkingof buying polk t series with denon avrx 1200. How about denon 520bt? Or polk tsx 330?

I finally ended up going with the TSx330, since I got a great deal on an open box buy. They sound great and I am very happy with them. In comparison to the T50, I noticed a bit fuller sound with the TSx, but the T50 was a very good sounding speaker. Bear in mind that this is MY opinion.
  • Jayatu
    Options
    Thanks. As music is also important to me. Some advised me for rti a3 pair as fronts. I am too new to take decision. Please help me.
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Jayatu wrote: »
    Thanks. As music is also important to me. Some advised me for rti a3 pair as fronts. I am too new to take decision. Please help me.

RTiA1, RTiA3 or RTi4/RTi6(older versions) are very good speakers when combined with a capable sub. They are best for HT duties. People find them to be leaning to the brighter side for music. Depends on what kind of amplifier you are driving them with.

I like them for HT and music. But I might buy something else if its only for music. For doing double duty as HT and music, they are fine speakers.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • Jayatu
    Options
    I want to buy denon avr x520bt or denon avr x1200. I want to add centre and surround in near future to complete 5.1 home theatre.
  • Jayatu
    Options
    My question is which will be best as front speakers t50/ tsx330/ rti a3. The first two r towers but rti a3 is book self. My need music and movie.
  • Jayatu
    Options
    I'll buy Polk psw 110 sub
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I would buy the RTi A3 bookies, but buy a different sub. If you must buy now and your budget is below $200, then buy something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F12-475-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B0015A8Y5M

or this: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sub-1200-12-120-watt-powered-subwoofer--300-629?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

They are both better than any of Polk's entry level subs. IMHO if I were you I would save up just a little more and buy this: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-2.html

It bests pretty much anything polk makes, and there's no contest between it and the PSW110.

Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jayatu
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. If I use rti a3 as fronts then what should I use for centre and surrounds?
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Don't know your location but there is @polkyphil38 is selling some very nice RTis in the classifieds.
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/172098/polk-rti-bookshelfs#latest
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • polkyphil38
    polkyphil38 Posts: 447
    Options
    trj wrote: »
    Don't know your location but there is @polkyphil38 is selling some very nice RTis in the classifieds.
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/172098/polk-rti-bookshelfs#latest

Thanks for mentioning me. I have a set of the RTi4's brand new for sale in Cherry Veneer. Also, still have a Hsu ULS-15 MK2 sub for sale as well.

Cheers,

Phil
    The way one uses a product is a much more SIGNIFICANT factor than which product(s) he uses.