Who would be considered the best new rock bands of the last10 years to present

Options
13»

Answers

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    First release in 2008. The War On Drugs. That's all I got as far as new. Check out Lost In The Dream. Will not disappoint.
  • whgarrett1394
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    First release in 2008. The War On Drugs. That's all I got as far as new. Check out Lost In The Dream. Will not disappoint.

Lost In A Dream is a interesting album. I thoroughly enjoy listening to it, but would never just pick out an individual song to listen to.

For me it is one that flows too well to break up into singles.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    I'm going to say Arcade Fire since they are a band even though their debut album landed in 2004.

However, Kanye West is the most prolific IDIOT to hit the scene in the last 10 years.

Just giving ya a little help here with your wording. No thanks are necessary.

No excuses!
  • whgarrett1394
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I'm going to say Arcade Fire since they are a band even though their debut album landed in 2004.

However, Kanye West is the most prolific IDIOT to hit the scene in the last 10 years.

Just giving ya a little help here with your wording. No thanks are necessary.

Oh I'm not going to argue with that one! He's a train wreck. Lol.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Royal Blood get a vote from me..

http://youtu.be/jhgVu2lsi_k
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I've heard some Royal Blood. I'm diggin it!
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    11tsteve wrote: »
    Surely I am not the only Queens of the Stone Age fan here? I get they were formed in 1996 but they didn't really hit it until mid 2000's.
    And I would also add Nathaniel Rateliff and The Barr Brothers to my list.

Hell yes and thanks to all who took this thread to try to enlighten others to great recent rock as opposed to makin it an argument over who gets in under a fing chronological deadline.

If you love ROCK please dial up QoSA on Austin city limits.

I always loved their hits, but assumed the rest of their songs would be filler.

I WAS WRONG, Josh Homme is carrying the flag for real rock.

humpty dumpty was pushed
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I still got nothin.'
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    You wanna hear a real good new band, take a listen to The Mystery Lights. Their debut album is coming out this week and getting alot of play on campus stations. They remind me of punky early Stones. What rock should be. Lol.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    I don't know of any new bands from the past 10 years that might rise to supergroup status but there are some interesting new talent out there including some that have already been mentioned.

Annie Clark is pretty-cool.....although I wouldn't make the claim that she is the best in the past ten years but she meets the criteria of the thread (unlike a lot of the other responses with bands that are 20-30 years old).

St. Vincent - Birth In Reverse (2013)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdARF4rGcQ&index=3&list=RDmVAxUMuhz98