Quicksilver Audio (QS)

Options
HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited September 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Max listen close.

My Audible Illusions Modulus does good but it is definetly out classed by the Quicksilver, with no warm up time BTW on the qs, that I just received from Russ.

Thanks Russman.

The pack job, if dropped over Iraq, would have caused an earthquake in the region and the electronics would have made it.

Thanks Bro
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I'm glad you like it Henry, fact is I would wonder a bit if you didn't.

Esoteric, rare, world-class tube preamp (not to mention of the highest regarded tube phono sections).

I doubt you could do significantly better, at ANY price. Do me a favor, and if for some reason you ever tire of it - keep it in the 'family'. That's too nice a piece to let get away from us.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Do me a favor, and if for some reason you ever tire of it - keep it in the 'family'. That's too nice a piece to let get away from us.

Cheers,
    Russ

Deal!

This unit is so accurate..... I can't believe it!

1/4twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Pics?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Gracias...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Lineup:

SDA2B's
    AQ CV6 speaker wire
    Cal Audio Labs Transport
    Audio Research DAC5
    Quicksilver Preamp
    NAK PA7 STASIS
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    closeup

I am a terrible photographer:p
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Lotsa fun
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Lookin' GOOD Bomber, and sounding even better I bet!

What's the status on some damping behind the rig, and a rack to put it all in?

Cheers,
    Russ
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I think I'm going build the equipment rack into the left closet then pad everthing in. I want to pad the whole room actually... but I need to do some measurements. everything takes time ya know???

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Looks nice Henry...serious hifi rig.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Nice rig, for someone who works for Sprint ;) I don't hear it yet, does it have a volume knob?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2004
    Options
    It's got TWO of them.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    It's got TWO of them.

Cheers,
    Russ

that depends on how many beers you've had;)

1/4Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I did see the original pictures, but thanks for the clarification.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Henry, you lost me again.

Doro, eat me. ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2004
    Options
    :eek:
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Hey Russ don't forget me and Doro work for Sprint... They trane you to eat your young:(

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Henry, you lost me again.
    As in 2 or 4 or 6 or... etc., I'm guessing...

HB,
    Where's the TT? Russ' phono section comment perked my lil' ears up...
    Using the closet for equipment ought to be a nice start towards isolating the electronics, but I agree on needing some additional materials.
    And as a bonus without the rack you'lll actualy be able to open a closet door... :D
    Is this a second floor or on-the-slab room?

EDIT: Tried replying to your Pm, but, as usual, your mailbox is full... one popular guy...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dorokusai
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Henry - We have been brought into the hive.....must work....work work work work.
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    As in 2 or 4 or 6 or... etc., I'm guessing...

HB,
    Where's the TT? Russ' phono section comment perked my lil' ears up...
    Using the closet for equipment ought to be a nice start towards isolating the electronics, but I agree on needing some additional materials.
    And as a bonus without the rack you'lll actualy be able to open a closet door... :D
    Is this a second floor or on-the-slab room?

EDIT: Tried replying to your Pm, but, as usual, your mailbox is full... one popular guy...

TT is next and equipment isolation is the plan.

The room is actually a poured concrete basement. The room directly above it is the main living room and is isolated. The room on the right is the theater is the HT and only half the verticle is poured and the rest is drywall. the drywall section definetly need isolation from the twin svs's. The room really is not that "echoee" to start since it is contained with concrete and is isolated but could take some minor improvement.

Now that I have a good start on electronics after my first year it probably is time for some room modifications. I just have not been sure what to do so any suggestions are welcomed.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Henry - We have been brought into the hive.....must work....work work work work.

work work work work... fear, loathing, wailing and knashing of teeth!!! work work work work...... and so on. Tough culture thats for sure!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2004
    Options
    When the going gets tough... the smart take the severance package... :D Of course, helps if you're contemplating bailing anyway.

HB,
    Firm ground helps... Watch the ceiling as a route and the bi-folds may be a bit light.

For the inside wall voids, I know there are outfits that will blow insulation into existing walls. Don't know about DIY for this though. Pretty neat as at most there is only one small hole, high up to patch between each pair of studs. Crown molding is also an option and can double to hide wiring for surrounds, etc.

Of course, if you get the closet closed up tight, heat retention could become an issue...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• O'Shag
    O'Shag Posts: 76
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Quicksilver make some really great kit. That looks to be a first class preamp. I'm a real fan of tube preamps, thats not to say there are not some excellent SS preamps out there.

Enjoy it
    Polk SRT HT System
    Polk CS1000p / FX1000
    Sony KDS-R70XBR2
    Yamaha RX-Z9 Processor