audioquest alpha snake

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited September 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
what do you guys think of the audioquest alpha snake interconnect? can you get better for the same amount of cash? what are some other nice cables?

also what do you think of this website for buying cables? http://www.hcmaudio.com/manuf.asp?hdnCat=&sel=1&ManufID=AudioQuest
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2004
    Options
    c'mon, no1 knows anything?
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Airplay,

I am currently using a 1 meter AQ G-Snake interconnect (about $25.00) in my headphone system. To be honest, I really don't think it is an improvement over, for example, Radio Shack's Gold Series interconnects or Acoustic Research's Performance Series interconnects. I think these interconnects will be a better value than the AQ ones. For a tiny bit more money, AR's Pro Series would be even better.

Although they have been discontinued, you should check ebay for Radio Shack's Fusion A/V interconnects. I read nothing but positive responses on these. These were introduced at the beginning of the year and disappeared right away.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I have to disagree with Danny. In the applications I've used them in the entry level AQ are better than anything by AR. I've never been impressed by anthing from AR and I've tried a few. The
    RS Gold are ok but they are no better than the G-snakes. Check out www.Audioadvisor.com for AQ cables.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I second Shack's comments.....AA typically has real good prices on AQ. I am also not a fan of AR anything, but it's just personal.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.