Purging/clean of classified ads

Options
Has anyone besides me got so frustrated with the classifieds both For Sale and Wanted to buy that they just gave up. Is there no one to get rid of all the outdated junk on there? It's completely out of control

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Not really, most are usually marked sold somewhere in the thread but not on the header. If you go back more than 3 pages, chances are those items are gone or no longer available. A simple PM to the seller gives you a definitive answer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    Gunther16 wrote: »
    Has anyone besides me got so frustrated with the classifieds both For Sale and Wanted to buy that they just gave up. Is there no one to get rid of all the outdated junk on there? It's completely out of control

Be happy you can even see them at all. Before Vanilla you needed 100 posts to even access that area...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    I don't see a problem.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    I did like it much better when they added For Sale and Sold tags to the individual threads. And @tonyb, 3 pages doesn't mean much, especially these days when great deals languish for weeks or months :(

It's the way of Vanilla.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Gunther16
    Options
    F1Nut, yeah if you wanna window shop and got 165+ pages way back in the years its not very efficient. At least tag it sold or something. Turn the text to red, anything so you don't waste your time looking thru the thread just to find out on the last page its been sold or no longer available. There's got to be an easier way in this age of technology.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    F1Nut, yeah if you wanna window shop and got 165+ pages way back in the years its not very efficient. At least tag it sold or something. Turn the text to red, anything so you don't waste your time looking thru the thread just to find out on the last page its been sold or no longer available. There's got to be an easier way in this age of technology.

Wish you understood it was a privilege to access that area...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options

Wish you understood it was a privilege to access that area...
    Edzackery

• F1nut
    Options

It's the way it is and it's not going to change because it cannot be changed. Please drop it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Shop elsewhere.. See how easy that is??
  • Gunther16
    Options
    Uhh all the bad vibes? Sorry for offering my opinion.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Uhh all the bad vibes? Sorry for offering my opinion.

It's not your fault for complaining, heaven knows you aren't the first, but fixes around here seem to go in one ear and out the other at times.

Anyone familiar with the FM knows that going back over 3 pages is a waste of time. Now you know, so don't waste your time going back 100 pages.

Kinda like searching Google, the most current info is on the first couple pages, you don't go back 20 pages do you ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gunther16
    Options
    Was not a complaint, but definitely an observation.
  • radscientist
    Options
    I'm new here so take it easy on me -

But maybe a good solution would be to have another board category "Sold items" that can act as an archive. Once something is sold, instead of tagging it - you just change the category its been posted under. Keeping the for sale board and the WTB boards fresh and moving old threads to an archive.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Be happy you can even see them at all. Before Vanilla you needed 100 posts to even access that area...

This.

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    Options
    I'm new here so take it easy on me -

But maybe a good solution would be to have another board category "Sold items" that can act as an archive. Once something is sold, instead of tagging it - you just change the category its been posted under. Keeping the for sale board and the WTB boards fresh and moving old threads to an archive.

That would take way more work than simply tagging things sold. Which if we can't get things done with a simple tag, doing more work isn't exactly feasible.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's