RD0194

I ordered 6 RD0194 to upgrade the SL2000's in my SRS 2.3's. They ring. It's not just one. I've swapped back and the ringing disappears. It's frequency specific. So far it's Dire Straits - Telegraph Road, and also Mannheim Steam Roller - The Holly and the Ivy. I'm extremely disappointed as this is the direct replacement speaker. The problem is, one of the original Sl-2000's is dead. It just stopped working, and shows open when I took my VOM Meter to it. That's what prompted the upgrade. You can't just change one given the age of the others and the difference there would be. Is this common or is it something else?

Best Answers

Answers

• The opening Recorder playing and in the middle of The Holly and the Ivy by Mannheim Steamroller and then Dire Straits - Telegraph Road, the opening Synth tone. It's around 3k, but it is a harmonic so it could be lower. I use these two songs to test Speakers when out shopping, as these are harder to reproduce than others. Many of the lower end Speakers will have the have some kind of Resonance or ring set up. It's why I use these songs as part of my auditioning music. The sl2000's I just replaced on the SRS 2.3's were fine. The SDA 2b's I have are not doing this. Given the RD0194's are what every one is saying I'm at loss of what to look for as a cause, or if it's a characteristic of the Tweeter.
  • It is a possibility. The cross-overs are the next project.
  • glnordeen
    glnordeen Posts: 15
    edited February 2016
    That explains a lot. I've noticed the mids have come up some. There was a bit of a drop at first. I usually allow about 24 hours and why I was surprised it happened. I honestly didn't think it would matter so much. I'm at about 34 listening hours now. I haven't tried the two songs since the first day.