Sennheiser Momentum - An Outstanding Headphone

Options
2»

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yes, they are an open design. Grado has a nice rich, deep bass without being bloated or boomy. But they are definitely known for their mids - strings are killer through Grados. Electric guitar is outstanding.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited December 2013
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Yes, they are an open design. Grado has a nice rich, deep bass without being bloated or boomy. But they are definitely known for their mids - strings are killer through Grados. Electric guitar is outstanding.

I wonder if the $99 SR80i would give me a good taste of the Grado sound signature?
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sure would. I own a pair. And a pair of 325's
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Most of the Grado cans are a bit too bright for my tastes, I like an exciting headphone but the Grado give me ear fatigue pretty quickly.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Most of the Grado cans are a bit too bright for my tastes, I like an exciting headphone but the Grado give me ear fatigue pretty quickly.

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna get my ears on them anyway, can't go wrong at $100 and I LOVE the way they look.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Well bumping an old thread. I just ordered a pair of the momentums off of amazon because they had two pairs with a scratch on them for 105 each shipped (there is still one pair left in brown). I really love my Philips fidelio X1s with my tiny HRT microstreamer, but the cans are NOT portable at all. They don't fold up at all and they are open back, which is mostly fine for me since I can close my office door, but I I do travel a couple times a semester and like to work outside the office some, and then it becomes a problem.

So I am going to compare the Fidelios and the Momentums and report back...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer