New Rig and BIG BIG Shout-Out to SmartLife AV

Options
Well, times have been good again this year at work, prompting me to treat myself. I've wanted a small rig in the bedroom for some time now, just to flip on when cleaning up, lounging around in the morning, packing for trips etc. So I decided on some Totem Kin Minis, and a PS Audio Sprout. I loved the bluetooth from the sprout, built in Dac, and the tiny size. I ordered up the sprout from ListenUp in Denver as that's where I did business for the goldenear rig in the basement and had a great experience, but I ordered the Kin Minis from Smartlife AV in Castle Rock, Colorado as they're the only Totem dealer in a reasonable distance. They called today with some news, the white Kin Minis needed to be ordered with the subwoofer or, they had to order 3 pairs to have in their inventory. They offered to sell me the subwoofer at a very steep discount, one that I'm nearly positive this is a losing deal for them. I offered to take the black speakers as it wasn't much of a problem, but insisted that I get what I wanted even if they weren't making money.

Now that's taking customer service to the extreme. If anyone is in the need for some Totems in the Denver area, don't think twice, they will certainly take care of you.

Excited for the new rig especially as the wife saw the value in the next to free subwoofer and allowed it to go into the bedroom.

Ill post updates next week!

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I'll tell ya, i owned the Sprout for about 6 months and loved it. Sold her because i had nowhere to use it and the wife started to take notice of that. The bluetooth was surprisingly good. In fact, the entire unit was good all around. I wish they had pre outs. If so, it would have stayed.

I kind of want to buy another in the future.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Sounds like a really nice setup - the Sprout looks awesome. Not only in design but specs, too. 24/192 DAC and a phono stage? Seems perfect for a bedroom or small apartment.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    I have heard good things about them. I will definitely keep a note for when its time to upgrade.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300