Podcasts...

mdaudioguy
mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
edited February 2016 in The Clubhouse
I'm really digging the Serial podcasts. Anyone else listened through them? Great storytelling and very thought provoking. I'm wondering if any other podcasts out there might be similarly interesting. Anyone?

Comments

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    My regulars:
    • Serial
    • Criminal - discussion of some interesting crime
    • Car Talk - possibly the greatest radio show of all time
    • The Sporkful - "Not for foodies, for eaters"
    • The Starters - NBA
    • America's Test Kitchen - scientific ways to cook better
    • Freakanomics - Easy to grasp academic look into near everything
    • How To Do Everything - Fun. That's about all I can say
    • Song Exploder - Discussion with artist/band about the process behind a specific song
    • How Did This Get Made? - Humorous dissection of awful movies
    • This American Life - just good reporting/storytelling on a central theme
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited February 2016
    If you're interested in neuroscience, psychology, or philosophy, add

1. Radiolab
    2. The Ted Radio Hour

The first is probably my second favorite podcast ever next to this American Life.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mdaudioguy
    Thanks guys! I'm gonna check some of them out. Serial has me hooked. It's hard waiting 2 weeks between episodes!
  • mdaudioguy
    If you're listening to Season 1 of Serial (the Adnan Syed/Hae Min Lee case), check out the podcast Undisclosed. It's hosted by a group of lawyers and they dive deeper into the case after Serial ended.
    Thanks, man. Fascinating. FYI, I've been shopping at that Best Buy for years. Drive by it almost every day. Weird... Although, I have my doubts that anything happened there.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Thanks, man. Fascinating. FYI, I've been shopping at that Best Buy for years. Drive by it almost every day. Weird... Although, I have my doubts that anything happened there.

But were there pay phones!?!?!
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • mdaudioguy
    ledhed wrote: »
    But were there pay phones!?!?!
    Ha! I've tried hard to remember... Shoot, I can't even remember if I had a phone then. ;) These days, there'd be a photo somewhere - Google Earth or Street View or something.

• mdaudioguy
    If you're listening to Season 1 of Serial (the Adnan Syed/Hae Min Lee case), check out the podcast Undisclosed. It's hosted by a group of lawyers and they dive deeper into the case after Serial ended.
    Yep, Undisclosed was fantastic. Loved their analysis of all the details of the investigation and court proceedings. Thanks for the tip!

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    -TBTL (Tot Beautiful to Live) a public radio podcast with a pop-culture flair
    -Stuff You Should Know from How Stuff Works
    -Home Theater Geeks from TWIT
    -Wait Wait...Don't Tell me a public radio quiz show
    -Live Wire a public radio variety show
    -StarTalk Radio with Neil DeGrasse Tyson
    -After These Messages a podcast about advertising with one host from TBTL
    -Car Stuff from How Stuff Works
    -The Tech Guy from TWIT
    -Handel on the Law from KVI
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    And how did I forget about my second favorite behind TBTL, Read it and Weep. A good podcast about bad movies, books, and TV.
  • mdaudioguy
    So I got hooked on the true crime and justice genre that seems to have taken off after Serial:
    Undisclosed
    Breakdown
    Actual Innocence
    Military Justice
    Accused
    In the Dark
    Up and Vanished