Cary Audio Design SLP-05 Two-Chassis Remote Control Linestage Excellent in Jaguar Anthracite Black!!

Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:

Comments

• Wow, that is a beautiful piece of audio.....GLWTS.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    glwts!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Somebody ought to jump on this. If I didn't have one I would. Really great sounding, built like a tank.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Thanks for the kind words, folks! I wish there is a need to keep it but keeping unused toys doesn't make my wallet feel any heavier!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • Joey_V
    Did you upgrade?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • megasat16
    Upgrade with something else? I don't use the Cary that much. Probably 40-50hours at best. I have several other preamps (SS and Tubes) but I am using my own DIY preamp specially made to suit the rest of the gear.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    tonyb wrote: »
    Hmmm.....instant boner.

Do it! I haven't (I believe) seen you upgrade any of your equipment the entire time I've been on this forum. What's up with that anyway, Tony? o:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Hmmm.....instant boner.

Do it! I haven't (I believe) seen you upgrade any of your equipment the entire time I've been on this forum. What's up with that anyway, Tony? o:)

When did you join, last week ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Somebody here needs to grab this puppy. Wish it was me, but I'm about 4,499 short.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    That is quite the piece. I find it weirdly amusing that you have a $7,500 New, piece of equipment just lying around when my wife yelled at me for buying a $50 outlet!

Good luck with this. She sure is purdy, i bet she sounds nice too...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • megasat16
    Somebody here needs to grab this puppy. Wish it was me, but I'm about 4,499 short.

I take layaway. :wink:
    mrbiron wrote: »
    That is quite the piece. I find it weirdly amusing that you have a $7,500 New, piece of equipment just lying around when my wife yelled at me for buying a $50 outlet!

Good luck with this. She sure is purdy, i bet she sounds nice too...

Thanks! I'll let a secret out if you are not married for long yet. :smiley:

Always remember - in the woman's eyes, one toy is one toy! Be it $50 of $5K. So, make your choice wisely next time. lol
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I wish you would have posted this up 3 days ago!!!!!!! Nice unit!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited January 2016
    There are some great gear manufacturers, but not many give a visual as well as an eargasim like Cary.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    There are some great gear manufacturers, but not many give a visual as well as an eargasim like Cary.

Agreed B)

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    erniejade wrote: »
    I wish you would have posted this up 3 days ago!!!!!!! Nice unit!

lmao....does that mean the Joule and the AR are up for sale ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    I haven't heard the Joule yet. The Joule was supposed to be here today but now it' not until Monday. I probably would have sold the McIntosh c-46 and AR for it!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • megasat16
    I haven't heard the Joule yet. The Joule was supposed to be here today but now it' not until Monday. I probably would have sold the McIntosh c-46 and AR for it!

What Joule did you get? JouleElectra was on my list before. But I decided to stop this madness and makes my own pre / amp and speakers! I decided the happiness in Audio is making my own for my ears.
  • erniejade
    Joule Electra LAP-150A This one is a between the regular 150 and the MKII so it uses 6C45pi & 6350 and supposed to sound like the mkII, and it also has the OPS-1 phono board. I am waiting on shipment for it.

The SLP-05 looks much better vs the Joule in my opinion. But I am a sucker for visible tubes and VU's.
  • Joey_V
    I gotta say the 05 is beautiful... I'm on my 2nd
  • megasat16
    Joule Electra LAP-150A This one is a between the regular 150 and the MKII so it uses 6C45pi & 6350 and supposed to sound like the mkII, and it also has the OPS-1 phono board. I am waiting on shipment for it.

The SLP-05 looks much better vs the Joule in my opinion. But I am a sucker for visible tubes and VU's.

Well, Joule makes Great Tube stuff. I don't think you'll be disappointed. But I am nota fan of Russian Tubes.
    Joey_V wrote: »

Dude, you need a 3rd! I hear Jaguar Black units sounds (or look) much better than the Silver ones. lol
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I'm drooling over here. I'm in the market for a new pre, but out of my price range with the loonie in the shi..er. Good luck with the sale!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    megasat16 wrote: »

Well, Joule makes Great Tube stuff. I don't think you'll be disappointed. But I am nota fan of Russian Tubes.
    Joey_V wrote: »

Dude, you need a 3rd! I hear Jaguar Black units sounds (or look) much better than the Silver ones. lol

Ummm lol
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    Just gorgeous. Bet it sounds even better. For me the SLP-05 in black is one of the coolest looking pieces in this hobby. Surprised this hasn't moved yet. Good luck with your sale.
  • megasat16
    No taker so far yet. It'll be off the market coming March 5th for a couple of months or more.

If you are looking for a nice pre; now is the time to step up guys and gals !
  • tonyb
    Can't believe this is still here. Larry....with 5k to spend, this is your huckleberry pal. Snag this before I get myself in deep do-do.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    This is soooooooooo tempting. I keep looking at this post and I also can't believe this is still here! I could drive up to you, no shipping required. If I had this opportunity 6 months ago it would be a done deal but I'm saving now to improve my digital side.

Plus my birthday is March 5th, so is this an omen? Noooo, back away from the keyboard! GLWTS. :s
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • tonyb
    Digital ? This will improve your digital, your analog, even cure E.D. if your inflicted with such.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • megasat16
    Thanks Tony, GCE, and everyone! The 05 is still for sale for a few more days before it's going back into the temp controlled storage. I have a dedicated room at home just to store Audio Toys! :smile:

• Joey_V
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, GCE, and everyone! The 05 is still for sale for a few more days before it's going back into the temp controlled storage. I have a dedicated room at home just to store Audio Toys! :smile:

Dedicated storage... Crazy talk