PS Audio PerfectWave Power Cables

I am currently running a SignalCable PC in my system. I have no complaints. This may just be an itch to 'upgrade' for snickers and giggles.

Music Direct currently has the PerfectWave PC's on sale. The AC3 is what I am thinking. The AC5 is slightly out of my budget. (budget around $100)

Does anyone have experience with either of the two models?

This will be running directly from a dedicated 20a outlet to my Musical Fidelity A308 integrated amplifier.

Thanks,
Paul
2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    No experience, but.... Do it! Get one of the PS Audio outlets too. B)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    I have several bit not that model...selling point for me ...removable ground pin...
  • I have exactly 3 days of experience.
    Bought one when they we $89.00 for a minute.
    Bought the detect power center as well when it
    was on sale.

I have signal on everything else except a couple three
    Pangea cords.(one for the sub, one for the AVR and one
    is "currently" feeding the detect. I have to have it this
    way until I get around to running a ground to the nearest
    outlet and installing a power port classic plug.

Results? Slight. My amp is dead silent except when using
    the TT to begin with.

Anyway, more work to do.
  • pitdogg2
    I also see the Diamond back interconnects on sale going to get me some of those. I should of never sold mine....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    I've not hear anything bad about them.. They were a front runner for me over the Wireworld stuff I've got and I may kick around one myself just for giggles.

@F1nut uses them exclusively IIRC....

The ONLY drawback is I'm going to guess they are quite stiff similar to Pangea cables so you really do need an extra .5 to account for any bends.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • They are considerably more expensive,but the Shielded power cables from The Upgrade Company actuallly make a HUGE difference.
    I was shocked at what I heard.
  • See the pic in the my thread about them
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I have exactly 3 days of experience.
    Bought one when they we $89.00 for a minute.
    Bought the detect power center as well when it
    was on sale.

I have signal on everything else except a couple three
    Pangea cords.(one for the sub, one for the AVR and one
    is "currently" feeding the detect. I have to have it this
    way until I get around to running a ground to the nearest
    outlet and installing a power port classic plug.

Results? Slight. My amp is dead silent except when using
    the TT to begin with.

Anyway, more work to do.

Yea the A3 is $89 now.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • I sure wish I had purchased another PS Detect when these were half price. The A3 for $89.00 is a bargain. I also purchased one of these for use with the Detect. This PS Audio stuff is quality job one.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I have 3 AC3s and a fourth being delivered tomorrow. I like them a lot and don't be worried about flexibility, you could make a pretzel if you wanted.

They all plug into my PS audio Upc 200 power conditioner.

Definitely want to try a PS audio outlet for $50 and when costs prohibits, I want to try a regenerator. (Long-term goal)

PS Audio has my heart....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    Big fan of PS Audio here. All my power cords are AC 5s. I use a Soloist Premier SE in-wall conditioner. An AC 5 runs from the Soloist to a Power Plant Premier regenerator. From the PPP I run AC 5s to each component. My PPP died a few years back. I sent it to PS Audio and they repaired it for free. They paid for all shipping as well. Great customer service (YMMV). I purchased a APC H15 to replace the PPP while it was being repaired. It wasn't until I placed the PPP back into my system that I was reminded how significant of a positive improvement it made. I was truly amazed at the difference. At any rate, if the AC 3 is similar to the AC 5, the only challenge I have with the AC 5 is its lack of flexibility.
  • EndersShadow
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I have 3 AC3s and a fourth being delivered tomorrow. I like them a lot and don't be worried about flexibility, you could make a pretzel if you wanted.

Prove it :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I have 3 ac3's in my theater, great cable! I heard a significant difference in sound when adding one to my amp. I use signal magic cables for my mono blocks down stairs, they are way to stiff, but haven't got the itch to upgrade them... Or maybe I do... Oh shot! Ahhhhhh!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Yes, the AC-3 ended up on the amp for me...
  • EndersShadow

Definitely want to try a PS audio outlet for $50 and when costs prohibits, I want to try a regenerator. (Long-term goal)

Yeah I've got 3 of em I bought off someone here for 75 bucks on the way. 2 for the HT, one for the office.
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I have 3 ac3's in my theater, great cable! I heard a significant difference in sound when adding one to my amp. I use signal magic cables for my mono blocks down stairs, they are way to stiff, but haven't got the itch to upgrade them... Or maybe I do... Oh shot! Ahhhhhh!
    Yes, the AC-3 ended up on the amp for me...

What amps fella's? And how flexible are they.... and if you have a comparison to Pangea that would rock, mainly on flexibility... I'm coming from AC-9's which are like wrassling a python to get into place.

• slbenz
    slbenz Posts: 97
    I used to have both the AC3 and AC5 but sold them for Signal Cables. In my system, the Signal Cables sounded a bit more open vs. the PS Audio power cords. At the time, I was using a Parasound HCA-1205A 5-channel amp powering a Martin Logan speaker system.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

Yeah I've got 3 of em I bought off someone here for 75 bucks on the way. 2 for the HT, one for the office.
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Yes, the AC-3 ended up on the amp for me...

What amps fella's? And how flexible are they.... and if you have a comparison to Pangea that would rock, mainly on flexibility... I'm coming from AC-9's which are like wrassling a python to get into place.

Super flexible, almost strangely flexible actually. Mine in on a sunfire tga 7401, one to my power conditioner, the other is on my Marantz 7702. The rest in the system are audioquest nrg2, which I really like as well, not as flexible, but stay in place once bent due to their solid core wires.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited January 2016
    Benchmark AHB2 into the Detect on Isozone 1 by itself.
    My thinking is the AHB2 has a switching power supply
    that produces regulated output, so regulated input...

I have the pre plugged into the HC Isozone by itself.

This is like day 4 so I'm still playing around with it all.
    The best I can say is it has a bit more pleasing sound.
    Oh, and more flexable than the AC-9 (which doesn't
    do much for me) and on a par with the Magic cable.
    (after it thaws out on delivery)
  • mrbiron

Prove it :wink:

Throws down the gauntlet..........challenge accepted!
    I will have to use the 2M as the 1M im getting today will be far to short to make a reasonable pretzel.
  • I just ordered some more AC-3's. I could have sworn they were no longer on sale.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    (after it thaws out on delivery)

Good point! I will have to let my cable warm up before making such bends. It's a cool "real feel" of -11 at my front door. It may take some time...
  • "It's a cool "real feel" of -11" :o
  • pitdogg2
    "It's a cool "real feel" of -11" :o
    It's a dry cool :p
  • hochpt21
    Bit the bullet and ordered an AC5.
  • mrbiron
    Gadzooks!
    I was thinking of doing the same today....along with an outlet!
    so my chain would be PS Audio Classic ->AC5 -> PS Audio UPC 200 ->AC3s -> components.

Atta boy!!!!
  • hochpt21
    I already have the classic outlet. Now the AC5 and it will go directly into the MF integrated.

I have a very entry level Furman M8x2 power conditioner that I plug the rest of my gear into.
  • EndersShadow
    You guys suck. I ordered a AC-3 2m and 1m cable..... Prob gonna order a 2m AC-5 too in the next week or so.....

Want to strike while the Irons Hot and these are on sale.....

AC-3 for my APC H15, Denon X4100a and the AC-5 for my B&K with maybe another ordered later on for my Dayton sub amp.......
  • hochpt21
    I went with the AC5 simply because it technically will power my pre, power and phono amp. It's the only removable cord in my system.

I'm tempted to get an AC3, because I am sorta on the lookout for a dedicated phono pre at some point, and would be nice to have. But by that point, I'll probably just buy one of the AC3's off Dan for a discounted price anyways.

:*
    @EndersShadow
  • mrbiron
    That's good thinking!......Enders, buy an AC5 and i'll grab it at used pricing from you next month.
  • EndersShadow
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I went with the AC5 simply because it technically will power my pre, power and phono amp. It's the only removable cord in my system.

I'm tempted to get an AC3, because I am sorta on the lookout for a dedicated phono pre at some point, and would be nice to have. But by that point, I'll probably just buy one of the AC3's off Dan for a discounted price anyways.

:*
    @EndersShadow

BURN! Well I've got 30 days to return em if I dont like em so BOO ON YOU!

I know the AC-5 is what I'd want for my big amps (B&K & Dayton SA1000), but the AC-3 should handle all the other small stuff (HTPC, Xbox One, Denon), and the rest of my gear is on 12v wallwarts (Netgear Switch, Uverse DVR, Asus network bridge, 120mm fans for cooling the Denon, Darbee Darblett). I will leave my buttkicker 300 watt amp on the *gasp* stock cord......
    That's good thinking!......Enders, buy an AC5 and i'll grab it at used pricing from you next month.

HA! You wont stay sober long enough to remember :wink: