Bobby Dylan

Just got a good deal on Bob Dylan's Complete Album Collection Vol. 1

35 studio albums and 6 live albums

Just thought i'd ask the question.

If you like Dylan, what is your favorite album(s)?

Mine, as of now, is Modern Times.
KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Have to think on that! Dylan's work is uneven, some great stuff and some real stinkers, depending.
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Does this count?

bob-dylan-johnny-cash.png
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423

The answer my friend.....

Well, you know :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    No contest for me....

R-1596438-1301991747.jpeg.jpg
  • hochpt21 wrote: »

The answer my friend.....

Well, you know :)

Nice!
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2016
    I think for me it is:
    txh8xzzw39kr.jpg

I bought Dylans Vinyl Mono Box Set which has his first 8 LP's

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/70375/Bob_Dylan-The_Original_Mono_Recordings-Vinyl_Box_Sets
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Got the box set of his mono recordings on cd. Prefer to listen to most instead of the stereo versions.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    I agree with #BlueMDPicker
    l3uzhxhircoq.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Many people think Blood On The Tracks is his best. I won't disagree, and for years I said the same thing, but I've heard it so many million times now ... but every time I hear it I still like it even after 40 years. Lol. It's kinds of like saying which of your children is your favorite. I've been a Bobcat for a very long time, seen Dylan about 60 times in concert over the years, in at least a dozen states and several foreign countries. I personally like Time Out Of Mind from about '94, which won a Grammy and is produced by Daniel Lanois, but is overlooked by many. He did two albums of traditional solo acoustic stuff right before that, and they are both extremely underrated, and it took me a while to really warm up to them, but once I did they are among my favorites: World Gone Wrong and Good As I Been To You. Packed with emotion and the best covers of those traditional songs I've ever heard. The holy triumvirate of Highway 61, Bringing It All Back Home, and Blonde On Blonde each has fantastic stuff but also some take it or leave it stuff. On the original LP of Blonde On Blonde, "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" took up one entire side and I know guys who used to listen to that side over and over basically all night long when it came out. Nashville Skyline and John Wesley Harding and Planet Waves same thing, some real good stuff but some you probably won't go for right away. Infidels came out in the early 80s and has Mick Taylor and Mark Knopfler on it with Bob Marley's rhythm section, some really good stuff with a few that may not trip your trigger. I played that a lot when it came out and Desire also, which also is a VERY good album that has Scarlett Rivera on violin and Emmylou Harris backup vocals, some really strong songs on there: Isis, One More Cup of Coffee, Sara, Oh Sister. Oh Mercy is another Daniel Lanois production, and has some strong songs, Everything is Broken, Ring Them Bells, Most of The Time, Man In The Long Black Coat, Shooting Star. Very overlooked. Not a fan of the Jesus freak period at all. Of the newer albums, Love And Theft has some real decent stuff. One thing you'll notice about Dylan if you take the time to really listen to him, different stuff will strike you at different times. He's so far ahead of his time its nuts.