Polk SRT's,i got 'em!

Hey,my uncle has passed along his SRT system to me!He's still looking for the controller,he has it,somewhere,but no manual......all the old links in these threads are dead,any suggestions?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    contact Polk CS Ask For Kim

Tech/Product Support
    9AM-5:30PM EST Mon-Fri
    1-800-377-POLK (7655) Option 1
    FAX: (410) 764-5470
    polkcs@polkaudio.com
    International: +1-410-358-3600
  • Congrats on a truly excellent set!!! If you PM me your email, I'll send you the manual!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Welcome to the forum!! There's a bunch of great guys on here!!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Thanks,I'm sure I'll be having some questions,nice to know people are here to help!
  • Hey guys,where are the fuses on the srt subs?,I have one with slight humming when plugged in.....power indicators are not lighting,oh no.....I don't get it,these were well cared for
  • The fuses are located directly below the power cord on the input plate board. You have to gently pull the plastic housing that holds the fuse in!
    If you look closely, you can see the an image of the fuse on the housing.
    If you need further help, send me an email...
    But the humming sound is most likely the caps! Sometimes the pilot light goes out due to the solder coming loose, but If the pilot light turns on and you hear the amps click/power on, it's not the fuse!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    The hum can just be as simple as a ground loop issue as well.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • katomklysm wrote: »
    Hey,my uncle has passed along his SRT system to me!He's still looking for the controller,he has it,somewhere,but no manual......all the old links in these threads are dead,any suggestions?

If you PM me your email I have copies of the manuals I can send you.

• Hi Guys,well,baby steps here,put in new line for electric,and had to move the whole friggin basement(wifes orders),and hooked up the Denon 3805 to a Pioneer Elite vsx-32,and it worked!So, i have some power,cant afford power amp right now,so this will have to do.just happy it worked,the subs..........bummer.........one still has no power light on,but i hear humming,the other powers on,light goes on and it hums as well,this one worked before,now it also is just humming,i hope its a ground loop,have some time this weekend to fiddle,even one working for now would be nice,rears are going up this weekend,heres a pic of my progress,it's all pulled out in the pic so i can get behind,and there is a bridge for the entertainment center,going to look nice someday!!!!!!!!!!!Tomcild5ph0l5ht.jpg
  • also,i would use the sub out from the Denon,correct??dont know if the problems lies in my settings,never bridged 2 receivers before,i have everything set to small....so its not that....
  • pitdogg2
    If it was me I'd pick one or the other, can't see two being beneficial.
  • The Denon has inputs,so the Elite acts as a preamp and the Denon is used for power,like a poweramp,the Denon is a monster
  • pitdogg2
    I run a 3805 know all about it. Still I fail to understand the advantage to what you are doing. To me it seems you have introduced more noise than needed.
  • 69bug
    69bug Posts: 4
    Beautiful system you have Tom. Here's mine using with old Cinepro amps.
    0jpbwrro3stx.jpeg
    pxcl5fwiziz2.jpeg
  • No hdmi on the Denon,that's why..........is there another way for hdmi?cause my 3805 don't have them,Beautiful 69bug!My uncle(who gave them to me)is still looking for the control center,he says he has it,otherwise I might be screwed
  • pitdogg2
    Got me there, correct no hdmi
  • Hmmm,for some reason though when I run it that way (elite,preamp)3805 as amp,all channels work fine except I can't get the damn sub to work,and I ran it to just the denon and it was fine,I've tried all possible rca connections.........
  • And there it is!!The phone call ive been waiting for...............he(my uncle) found the controller!!!!And overnighted it,so i will have it tomorrow,now this is starting to really shape up for me,cant wait to hear the difference.................progress has begun.5vt3xilbdtmu.jpg
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    3 cheers for your uncle!

Do you have the SRT center as well?

I would think the sub out would need to come from the Pioneer, but I am not exactly sure how these SRTs hook up.
  • It's in there,it fit perfectly in that entertainment center,I know it's dark,it fit with millimeters to spare,yep the sub out did come from the pioneer,but,when I set it to small,the subwoofer "greys"itself out on the setup screen,like its not there,I have to have it set to large and plus for the sub to work,still confused about this but it's working,it's been frustrating to enjoy when all I could really control was sub volume,especially when you change media formats,so this should help
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Looks great, but I would lose the tow in on the mains. It will interfere with the SDA effect.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • 69bug
    Nice, that is exciting news for you Katomklysm! Many years of enjoyment you will have.
  • 69bug wrote: »
    Nice, that is exciting news for you Katomklysm! Many years of enjoyment you will have.

Many years of keeping those sub drivers working.........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • katomklysm
    katomklysm Posts: 34
    Hey guys,is there a way to shut the control center off?,from the remote or something I'm missing here,or does it really just stay on all the time,I just feel like I'm gonna burn it out or something,any help is appreciated....Thanks,Tom
  • 69bug
    Hi there. There is no on & off feature for the control center.
  • katomklysm
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the reply,so leave it on?is that what you do?would unplugging it be ill-advised?is it just in a standby mode when not in use...
    I know I'm overreacting, just don't seem right..no power switch, who does that,lol.
  • katomklysm
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for your help!
  • 69bug
    I leave my 2 control centers plugged on a surge protector that has an on/off switch. I only turn off the surge protector when there's a bad storm (as in real bad). Other than that, they're always on. I wouldn't worry too much being plugged in at all times since the units are just a "pass-through" gadget. Enjoy it.

Btw, did you get from your uncle the SPL meter that came with the system? If so, did you use it to calibrate your speaker set up?
  • katomklysm
    I did not get the meter,I could ask,it took him two months to find the remote for the control center (huge log cabin,with high end audio equipment everywhere),ive just been going by ear,i know not very professional,he's got it,he was original owner,somewhere.......
  • katomklysm
    Been a LONG while since I've been in here,after some leg work, and AWESOME customer service from polk, I'm nearing a complete theater......added 79 Sony XBR(2014 model), subs have been de-spidered, control center added.....just need a amp update and I am in business, didn't think I was gonna do this, but BOY am I glad I got motivated to repair this beautiful system, jaws drop when I put in Pacific rim 4k..........my set is near mint condition, I'm a lucky man09h1hum9a044.jpg