Interest Check: Musical Fidelity A5CR Amp

2»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    agfrost wrote: »
    I decided to take the plunge. My B&K ST-202+ has been a faithful companion, but I'm going to explore other waters...

Going to go apply some lubricant to the gears of my PayPal account. :p

Jay

Glad to know its moving closer to a location I might be able to take a visit too lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Dan, I'm going to need you to buy some gear to keep me out of trouble--just wanted to keep you informed.

Seriously, I'm excited to add this to my system. And here I thought my exciting Christmas break audio activity was going to be spiking/BlackHole 5-ing, and doing a full inductor swap on my 2BTL studios!

This place is the best. This place is the worst. Fricking enablers.

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • EndersShadow
    LOL... I've been buying some small pieces here and there.... and maybe looking at some system changes, but nothing that will come from the forum lol....

I cant play with all you big dogs up in IL. I will just keep my little rig the way it is while I work on my HT setup... which is heresay for most of you fella's :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • agfrost
    As long as I'm friends with Rich I won't consider myself a 'big dog' in the least.

What is this "Aitch Tee" you speak of?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    congrats guys
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    What? The more I diy the less dollar investment I have, but SQ isn't suffering. ;)

Congrats Jay! Let me know when you get that demo pre amp, like to hear it.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Congrats and I'm so jealous, I really wanted this amp just couldn't figure out how to pull it off as I spent a lot this year already.
    Enjoy the 200 amps

Cheers, Roger
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Shipped it out a couple of hours ago and am already having sellers remorse. Hehe. At least it is going to a good home. Thanks again Jay!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    polk500 wrote: »
    Congrats and I'm so jealous, I really wanted this amp just couldn't figure out how to pull it off as I spent a lot this year already.
    Enjoy the 200 amps

Cheers, Roger

Ryan's got a LOT of good stuff I wouldnt mind having... 4 18" subs, a REALLY nice tube integrated, a UNFINISHED BASEMENT lol..... 19.4.10 LSi setup :wink:

I really do need to visit next summer.
  • ZLTFUL
    I think you're exaggerating my HT system...it's only 13.2.8.

;)

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I think you're exaggerating my HT system...it's only 13.2.8.

;)

right now....

By summer I anticipate that you will be saying...

moar-cat.jpg

i_hilarious_moar_pictures_022_501591bd2c4bc.jpg

1274491974752.jpg
  • agfrost
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    What? The more I diy the less dollar investment I have, but SQ isn't suffering. ;)

Congrats Jay! Let me know when you get that demo pre amp, like to hear it.

When I can you "big dog" I'm talking about sound, not dollars.

Definitely on the Rhumba. Still not sure when it will come my way.
    Jay
  • ZLTFUL
    I was gauging interest. Someone showed significant interest, initiated communications with me and we came to a mutually beneficial arrangement.
    I am sorry that the natural progression of interest check to sale escapes you.

But let me break it down for you...
    I post an interest check on an item that I may or may not want to sell and don't really need to sell but am not sure if there is anyone interested in said item.
    If no one showed any interest, then I have gauged the current market as not conducive to selling this particular item in this particular venue at this particular time.
    Instead, someone showed interest and had the means to purchase immediately. So rather than say yup someone is interested and not sell it, I sold it.

I didn't post it anywhere else as I wasn't motivated to sell it or to sit on it trying to find a buyer willing to pay the most. Had I been interested in that, I would have posted it for sale here, elsewhere, everywhere.
    Instead, I had an item that I was hoping another Polkie could use and if not, it would have stayed in my storage rack.

As for,
    Don't want to start a flaming thread, nor hijack a sell thread...
    , then why did you do *exactly* that thing you claimed you didn't want to do unless that was your intention all along?

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited December 2015

But you weren't expressing an interest....so whats the problem ? You had every opportunity to contact him and express a desire to buy it. Did you ?? I don't see any interest from you posted in the thread. He clearly stated a price too from the start.

Also, as the seller, he can sell to whoever he wants. It's not necessarily a first come basis.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ZLTFUL
    Thank you Ken.

• ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I was gauging interest. Someone showed significant interest, initiated communications with me and we came to a mutually beneficial arrangement.
    I am sorry that the natural progression of interest check to sale escapes you.

But let me break it down for you...
    I post an interest check on an item that I may or may not want to sell and don't really need to sell but am not sure if there is anyone interested in said item.
    If no one showed any interest, then I have gauged the current market as not conducive to selling this particular item in this particular venue at this particular time.
    Instead, someone showed interest and had the means to purchase immediately. So rather than say yup someone is interested and not sell it, I sold it.

I didn't post it anywhere else as I wasn't motivated to sell it or to sit on it trying to find a buyer willing to pay the most. Had I been interested in that, I would have posted it for sale here, elsewhere, everywhere.
    Instead, I had an item that I was hoping another Polkie could use and if not, it would have stayed in my storage rack.

As for,
    Don't want to start a flaming thread, nor hijack a sell thread...
    , then why did you do *exactly* that thing you claimed you didn't want to do unless that was your intention all along?

Did not see anything wrong with the transaction except for my dumbass self not pulling the trigger but you win some and loose some. :'(

Just need, at this point, to get my avr fixed and purchase a nice pre.

Must say there's not a better place to buy used gear.
  • ZLTFUL
    footwedge, you missed the thread crap that Ken cleaned.

That being said, agfrost had contacted me before you sent me your message but had things fell through with him, you were next in line. You were very professional and courteous throughout our conversation.

• Knowing I was second in line does lessen the grief. :'(
  • agfrost
    I guess I missed all the fun?
    Jay
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    You and me, Jay....darn!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• agfrost
    I guess I did not miss all the fun--amp has arrived and is installed. Very positive early impression. B)
    Jay
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    agfrost wrote: »
    Very positive early impression. B)

I bet, that deal looked so good but I need another amp like I need another hole in my head...that the wife would probably put in it

Keep us posted

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a