WTB: Cheap Polk speakers

MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited September 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey all, I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive. I want to put together a decent sounding system for my mother in law. I was thinking the R Series. If anyone has anything, let me know. Thanks.
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• jawhog
    jawhog Posts: 444
    edited September 2004
    surround or 2-channel?

what about the pair of Rt7's going for $155 shipped using buy it now on ebay?

Well on second thought, at that price there are still pairs of open box RTi6's floating around at various circuit city's (cities?).
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited September 2004
    I'm looking for a small surround setup.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    I have a little RM series center channel around here SOMEWHERE in a box.

You can HAVE it if you want it for the price of shipping ($10 or less probably).

Might take me a week or so to find it.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • CA-AVR330
    CA-AVR330 Posts: 30
    edited September 2004
    hi, Russman.
    I have a CSI40 and two r50s in black wood for sale if you are interested. Price is negotiable.

The r50's were open box models I bought on the cheap; CSi40 comes with box and manuals.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Why would I be interested?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • CA-AVR330
    CA-AVR330 Posts: 30
    edited September 2004
    Sorry, didn't mean you...meant MSkeezer. heh. The reply has the posts running from bottom to top.
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited September 2004
    You might want to watch harman audio's ebay store...they have been selling the Infinity micro II systems lateley (5 little matching satellites with 4" woofs and 3/4" tweets...decent sounding with included wall mounts)...I've seen them go as low as $54 bucks plus shipping (which is only like $15 or $20).

I had a pair of these awhile back that I picked up in a yard sale...perfectly respectable little satellite albeit a bit funny looking (they are shaped like rolls of toilet paper).

Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2004
    screw that (the harman audio thing that is), russ is giving away a system. jump on that
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited September 2004
    I believe Russman only has a center at least thats how Im reading it