FXiA6 anyone have em?

Options
Just thinking about them if they go on sale. Right now I have the Monitor II 60's standing in front of my nightstands which is pretty stupid since i can't open the drawers now lol

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,075
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Got a pair as side surrounds in my 7.2 system love them, and that's how I acquired mine during the last F&F sale, if you're looking for surrounds then these are a deal if you can snag them at the F&F sale even better.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I had the a4's and loved them. In my opinion bi-pole di-poles are the best speaker to use for surrounds. I use 2 sets of lsifx in my theater set up and offers a nice diffused non localized sound.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I have them as my surrounds even though I have LSiM's up front and don't plan on changing them to the 702's. They sound fine with the LSiM's and I have them in white on a white wall.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I had some FXiA4's and like them but just sold to them a friend at work who is making a HT setup and he bought my other HT speakers too (A7's & CsiA4's)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I dont really need em and can't afford them but if they are half price I may jump on em. The monitor 40's are still sitting there, I could get the 60's out of the way and be about as happy. I just don't want to pass on a FF deal, been waiting for it. I really wanted the 705's but not anymore.
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If they are 1/2 off I would go for them as they are really nice for surround or rear surround duty.

I had the FXia4's and liked them so much I upgraded to the FXiA6's to match up with my 9's.

Tried a set of RTiA3's back there and for movies and surround music the 6's were champs.

Dispersed sound and wide rear sound stage is what sold me the most over the direct firing speakers in the rear.

Good luck with your decision.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    If they are two fiddy I am there
  • gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    Options
    Cannot go wrong with the them for surrounds.
    They are very robust and dynamic.
    If you can get them at half off, they are definitely a steal!
    AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Had the A3's as surrounds, moved them to rear duty after getting FXI A6's. Like the A6's much better for surround duty. My cousin will occasionally bring one of her little dogs up, and the freak out with the A6's, looking for whatever it is they hear. Didn't ever do that with the A 3's.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    The A6's are a very nice surround speaker for HT.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,945
    Options
    I have them as rears and sides, love em..