Break time

2»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/147317/club-polk-rules-of-engagement-a-refresher#latest
    Specifically #s 2 and 5 and 7
    2) Trolling - members who make a conscious effort to inflame or irritate others will be subject to warnings and/or bans.
    5) No baiting or fighting. Personal attacks, trouble making, inappropriate language, or any threatening or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
    7) Do not brand bash. We're all in this together. Discuss what you like and dislike. But don't bash someone or something because you don't like it.

It isn't the rules as much as it is the equal enforcement of such.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Nbrowser started a thread yesterday, pretty non-controversial from what I could see.
    Logged back on today from home, with a nice (AWESOME !) couple of cat gifs that Nbrowser had requested and ....... uhm ........ the thread went bye-bye ?

I hope it wasn't the cat pics I posted (the ones with the cats showing off themselves. Was their worse posts than mine?

Personally, if this is the thread that censoring sent people over the top then I don't see what the big deal was about. The thread is even less meaningless than my post.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    tonyb wrote: »
    I think Cathy has made some valid points. We all know some threads do ride the rails sometimes and occasionally go off. I don't think anyone has a problem there. It's more so those who come to purposely stir the pot in audio related threads. Healthy conversation with opposing views is one thing, being a sh&t starter is another, have we lost the ability to distinguish ?

As is usually the case, I agree with you on this matter.

That being said, I think I have some catching up to do over at Audio Pub, I saw a lot of threads you started that had very few views and zero replies. Think I'll head over there for maybe 30 days or so and see if I can change that LOL.

Besides, I'm not going to get any PMs from him about our ongoing transaction until after then anyway... :/

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    It's:
    1. Listening to music
    2. On the Hi-Fi
    Easy. What's to argue about?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited November 2015
    Cathy, it's a matter of the rules not being enforced evenly. Passive/aggressive posting is as bad as blatantly calling someone a name, etc. Except passive/aggressive is acceptable on CP. It shouldn't be because it's blatant and recurring from the same individuals about the same subject matter. They are incapable of positive contributions and are here just to disrupt. It's a pattern and a very easy pattern to see.

If you or Polk higher ups can't see that, well I'm sorry but you're blind and not dealing with the entire picture. Just picking and choosing what you want to see.

Just my .02c

H9

P.S. I am upset at the inequality of enforcement and the fact that some trolls are left to pick at the scab as they see fit by being passive/aggressive and then playing the victim.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    All I see H9 is someone who thinks differently about audio than the majority here. I understand that quite well since I do as well. All I see is someone posting a different opinion, and a pack of wolves led by Jesse all jump down his throat.

We all have the right to post our opinions, we all have the right to disagree with those opinions. Then we all have two acceptable choices, respectfully disagree with statements backing up what we believe, or ignore those opinions that differ from ours.

What is not acceptable, is having 10 guys all jump in and start calling the poster a troll and verbally attacking him from every angle. And all because he voiced a different opinion.

You all see a pattern, well common sense would say put him on IGNORE! That is what the damn button is for.

But some of you get just as big a kick out of engaging and fighting with him just for a bit of excitement. Maybe if makes you feel like tough guys, and big men. All I see is a bunch of immature, middle age men who would rather act their shoe size than their ages.

It takes two or more to make a fight, you would rather fight than walk away/ignore which makes you just as wrong as the one you are blaming for your own responsibility in this mess. And please stop blaming your lack of manners on not wanting to be politically correct, that's a BS attempt to excuse your own bad behavior.

What Ken should do is put all the participants who engage in this crap on a 30 day time out and keep doing it until all get the message and stop, or leave, at this point I don't really care which.

Life can give you all the REAL drama that you can handle, nobody needs to be inundated by the made up drama on this board.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited November 2015
    Randy/Maine
  • cfrizz
    YFB wrote: »
    cfrizz wrote: »
    What Ken should do iLife can give you all the REAL drama that you can handle, nobody needs to be inundated by the made up drama on this board.

Here at Club Polk we know drama! Xcapri is a troll plain and simple.

You don't know jack since you only have four posts, and yet you are trying to stir people up and continue the drama.

Why don't you show yourself back out the way you came. We have more than enough drama queens on here without adding one more.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    What Ken should do iLife can give you all the REAL drama that you can handle, nobody needs to be inundated by the made up drama on this board.

You don't know jack since you only have four posts, and yet you are trying to stir people up and continue the drama.

Why don't you show yourself back out the way you came. We have more than enough drama queens on here without adding one more.

Unless you know he's a respected member in disguise..
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Be careful Cathy....didn't Jess just get some time off for bad behavior to a newbie ? If you want to talk the talk your going to have to walk the walk. Just sayin'...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited November 2015
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    Walk the walk Cathy and put him on ignore. Don't be condescending to a new member.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Walk the walk Cathy and put him on ignore. Don't be condescending to a new member.

H9

He's not new bro...
  • cfrizz wrote: »
    All I see H9 is someone who thinks differently about audio than the majority here. I understand that quite well since I do as well. All I see is someone posting a different opinion, and a pack of wolves led by Jesse all jump down his throat.

We all have the right to post our opinions, we all have the right to disagree with those opinions. Then we all have two acceptable choices, respectfully disagree with statements backing up what we believe, or ignore those opinions that differ from ours.

What is not acceptable, is having 10 guys all jump in and start calling the poster a troll and verbally attacking him from every angle. And all because he voiced a different opinion.

You all see a pattern, well common sense would say put him on IGNORE! That is what the damn button is for.

But some of you get just as big a kick out of engaging and fighting with him just for a bit of excitement. Maybe if makes you feel like tough guys, and big men. All I see is a bunch of immature, middle age men who would rather act their shoe size than their ages.

It takes two or more to make a fight, you would rather fight than walk away/ignore which makes you just as wrong as the one you are blaming for your own responsibility in this mess. And please stop blaming your lack of manners on not wanting to be politically correct, that's a BS attempt to excuse your own bad behavior.

What Ken should do is put all the participants who engage in this crap on a 30 day time out and keep doing it until all get the message and stop, or leave, at this point I don't really care which.

Life can give you all the REAL drama that you can handle, nobody needs to be inundated by the made up drama on this board.

Well ...... uhm ........ does this solely apply to persons of the male persuasion ?
    BTW, I'm nominating this post for "Sexist Post of the Year". Congratulations !
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    I've said the last I'm going to him and immediately put him on ignore.

BBL, if you know of any other active female participants on this board please share.

And pot meet kettle, since many of the threads that have gotten shut down is because of some of you sexist men insist on posting pictures of near naked women which we all know is against the rules here but they continue to be posted. And then when they are removed, you whine about it for months, when you could easily just click to another website and get your fill.

So congratulate yourself as well BBL.

Have a nice day!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

He's not new bro...

I know Ken.........it was meant to be somewhat tongue n cheek :wink:

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    How bout all y'all shuttin' the H E double hockey sticks up!
    You kids are getting on my nerves!
    And stay off my lawn!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited November 2015
    Listen to Nebbercracker, he knows what he's talkin' about. Is it too late to call for a group hug?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Is it too late to call for a group hug?

Not with the Cannucks....their reach-arounds are brutal. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    tonyb wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Is it too late to call for a group hug?

Not with the Cannucks....their reach-arounds are brutal. :)

Oh yeah....chapped hands and stuff. Good call.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    I have never seen as much drama as on this board.

Maybe that's why I find this place kinda interesting.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Wow, pot meet kettle here Cathy? lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.