Break time

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
edited November 2015 in The Clubhouse
Folks I'm taking a break from this forum. I feel that the censorship and recent events have gone a bit over the top recently on bowing to the minority.

I don't need to really need to explain further.

I am going to PM my contact info to some folks later tonight and then I'm gone for a bit. I've got more important schtuff going on and my patience in dealing with trolls who enforce their beliefs on others and constantly play the victim while being passive aggressive in their posts begging for conflict is gone.

It's sad but this place just has lost its way and no longer resembles the place I used to enjoy.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Completely agree with you Dan.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • lightman1
    Options
    Yep not the same place I remember.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Just when we were starting to see some of the old timers chime in...thought we were going to have a bit of a turn around sad sad sad
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Sucks all the way around
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • lightman1
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Exit.....stage left. I came after a long break to catch up with some old friends and most have left. Same old p o o p with a select few. I am not impressed with new format or the coddling of a few who rant against the rest.
    Nighty night keep your bung hole tight.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Welcome to the New America. I have been around many BB's for going on decades now. Seems to me that they run their course and always end up like this.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,045
    Options
    What happened? Forgive me, but I am clueless.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I'm not leaving but I'm just kinda chilling and contributing when it makes sense. I avoid the annoying threads and posts when I can.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,657
    Options

Added you to a PM group
  • lightman1
    Options
    Maybe I should start talking about audio.
    Maybe
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,045
    Options
    Wow. Got it. Peace out folks.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Polk has ownership of this board, and through Ken and others they have REPEATEDLY told us what is and is not acceptable on this board. There are millions of other sites that you can join to talk or post about some of the garbage that gets shut down.

The fact that only a few continually insist on pushing over the line and then get all bent out of shape when the threads are shut down is just sad and they have no one to blame but themselves.

This forum is NOT your local all boys club, and it hasn't been for several years but some of you refuse to get the message.

But some of you refuse to follow the simple guidelines that Polk has put down which really are not that onerous, No talk of guns, religion, politics, and no pics of half naked women since this is not Playboy's website.

All they are asking you to do is act with a modicum of class, good manners, and respect for ALL the visitors that come to check out this forum maybe looking for tips on their systems, but end up getting hit in the face by some of the trash that gets posted instead.

Xcapri, is simply exercising his right to report posts that don't belong on here in the first place. We ALL know it, stop doing it, and the thread closures will stop.

If you can't do that, then by all means go somewhere else where the threads won't be in danger of being closed and post away.

We find plenty to talk about on this forum without all the garbage that ends up being shut down.

It says a lot more about those of you who pitch a fit about thread closures that should never have been posted in the first place...and trust me it is not complimentary.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,478
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I just used the IGNORE for the first time every. This forum has ways to filter :)
    This feature can be used for TROLLS TOO
    Randy/Maine
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,657
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Added you to a PM group

Ken, add me too if you wouldn't mind please.

Done
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Sorry, I couldn't take your audio talk seriously. Not with a face like that. >:)

I've had to see that ugly mug like twice in the last 2 weeks. You can imagine how *I* feel.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    Options
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Cathy,
    The problem with X was when he would be gone for weeks and pounce on a thread that he knew would stir a massive debate. Those threads were usually started by a newly signed up member. By the time the thread was closed the new member was to never be seen again for good reason. I think that these conflicts that he purposely started were more counter productive to the forum than some of the off topics that were posted.

He even has dragged some of his cronies into the forum just to create debate just to be an antagonist and rude.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    It is simply sad what this place has come to. X needs to be gone.

Wish I knew him personally.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Get pissed at me if yall like but, yooz respond to x a feed the beast. Your bad. he dont bug me much but then again I have learned to live with scabies.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    You leave, the trolls win plain and simple.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I signed up for this forum in 2009. I didn't contribute too much, I mostly observed. Then one day my account is just... Well gone? I tried other forums, just couldn't do it. I continually come back to this one. The traffic on the site has been slow. And all though some people here are a little straight forward it is still a great forum.

I do think the best thing is to ignore the trolls. If you don't feed them maybe they will die and go away.

Mike
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Nbrowser started a thread yesterday, pretty non-controversial from what I could see.
    Logged back on today from home, with a nice (AWESOME !) couple of cat gifs that Nbrowser had requested and ....... uhm ........ the thread went bye-bye ?

Geeez.

Mr. Swauger does a pretty good job of moderating the board, it isn't one I'd particularly care to have.
    Do the topics sometimes jump the rail ? Yeah. But, you know what, IMO that ain't necessarily a bad thing in some instances.
    When the world's on fire, it's not a horrific thing if someone asks, "Hey, anybody smell smoke ?".

Some folks seem to be happy going through life living on boullion cubes. If you're one of those folks, more power to you. But don't limit my, and others, extended culinary experiences because you're ....... boring ?

Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,121
    Options
    I know you will be lurking Dan... Give me a call sometime, and let's see what we can do to get audio pub going again
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Love me tender as well.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    When the world's on fire, it's not a horrific thing if someone asks, "Hey, anybody smell smoke ?".

That's exactly why I love ya man. lol

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm out too

Too pc

Not buying or referring any more. I have spent a lot and referred 10 X more.

Go tell your boss you got rid of the troublemakers... and the customers and posters who refer too.
    Post edited by Mikey081057 on
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Polk has ownership of this board, and through Ken and others they have REPEATEDLY told us what is and is not acceptable on this board. There are millions of other sites that you can join to talk or post about some of the garbage that gets shut down.

The fact that only a few continually insist on pushing over the line and then get all bent out of shape when the threads are shut down is just sad and they have no one to blame but themselves.

This forum is NOT your local all boys club, and it hasn't been for several years but some of you refuse to get the message.

But some of you refuse to follow the simple guidelines that Polk has put down which really are not that onerous, No talk of guns, religion, politics, and no pics of half naked women since this is not Playboy's website.

All they are asking you to do is act with a modicum of class, good manners, and respect for ALL the visitors that come to check out this forum maybe looking for tips on their systems, but end up getting hit in the face by some of the trash that gets posted instead.

Xcapri, is simply exercising his right to report posts that don't belong on here in the first place. We ALL know it, stop doing it, and the thread closures will stop.

If you can't do that, then by all means go somewhere else where the threads won't be in danger of being closed and post away.

We find plenty to talk about on this forum without all the garbage that ends up being shut down.

It says a lot more about those of you who pitch a fit about thread closures that should never have been posted in the first place...and trust me it is not complimentary.

The lady is 100% on the money, so go cry on somebody else' shoulder.

• drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »

Cathy, I will respectfully disagree with you about this. X is not "SIMPLY exercising his RIGHT." X has an agenda and is not about post that don't belong.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    I think Cathy has made some valid points. We all know some threads do ride the rails sometimes and occasionally go off. I don't think anyone has a problem there. It's more so those who come to purposely stir the pot in audio related threads. Healthy conversation with opposing views is one thing, being a sh&t starter is another, have we lost the ability to distinguish ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable