Marantz 2270

So my beloved blue light special powering my 2btl's put out some sick like sickly sounds. So I fired up the marantz 2220b. The biggest 20 wpc joke ever! Rock on!

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Time for some updating on the old girl ? Nice sounding unit when it's working properly. So is the 2220b for that matter. Hope you get her back up to snuff.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    I will. She's been good to me for 22 years. This little 20 wpc amp is fkg kicking tho.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    I like em all. hooked up a 2252 in the garage and love it. I gave my son my original 2235B and that very nice. I might send the 2385 in for a tune up. Marantz rocks
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2015
    Sorry to hear that. But good to see you have back up!

I'm chilling to college FM on the 2265 and Mr. Kloss's 17s this evening, smoooothhh!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • sda2mike
    Great responses! I had tubes and separates for a good four or five years. The marantz kills. This little standby 20wpc sweetie is killing. I only have to turn the loudness button on. Bass at 11. Sweetness
  • sda2mike
    So. I went from an Adcom gfa 555. SDA2Btl's. Then I had to sell The Adcom . Then I broke out the Marantz 2270. So tonight the 2270. Got a little sick. Then I broke up to 2220b. This one sounds better than all of them
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    The 2270 and a recap and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    I had a sparkling, like new 2220b for sale here, no takers.

Best thing that ever happened to me as I was loaned some monitor 7s by dawgfish, an efficient speaker by polk makes all the diff.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • sda2mike
    The little 2220b is tickling the sda circuit like no other setup I've had on them
  • sda2mike
    Thanks skip. Great fkg write up.