LSim707 vs LSim705.....ya I know

Options
Ok so this topic has been beat to death in the past, but
when the next F&F sale happens (which I expect any day) I will pick up a LSiM706c
and even after reading all the + - vs info on the 2 mains I still cant decide
so please help me make a decision

My room is a den 12.5 x 18 x 8' ceilings - opening into the kitchen and breakfast nook
so the actual room size is 12.5 x 18 then widening to 20 and continuing back to 35'

when I am home, about 1/2 the time, listening is 60-70% 2 channel
family doesn't listen to much music when I'm gone

Equipment

Panasonic ZT60
Sherbourn PT7020c4 Pre/Pro
Emotiva XSP-1 Preamp
Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
Oppo 103

Future purchase
Emo 2x XPA-1 mono blocks
XMC-1 or XMR-1 or similar pre/pro

Current Speakers
LSi25's for front L/R
no center
LSiM702f/x surrounds

So my plan is to get the center and new fronts and move the 25's to the living room
and if they don't work there selling them and getting LSiM703's

next step after tis speaker purchase will be deciding on sub's - I'm thinking dual
but really haven't researched that part of the system yet

So to sum up - do any of you have new thoughts or maybe changed opinions over time of the 705 vs 707 question - anything at all will be very helpful to me

thanks
Ed

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    I agree with Skip, the 705's. You might want to consider upping your other gear since you will be using speakers that are on a much higher level.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    705. However, I wouldn't EXPECT the F&F sale to happen. Those days might be over. As a dealer and big supporter of Polk, I hope they are.

Hell I only needed one more
  • ukcolin99
    Options
    My 2 cents, after adding the Parasound P5 & A21 to power my 2 channel set up the 705's have grown in presence & strength.
    With up to 250 watts from the Parasound, the bass output is strong, mid & treble is sounding sharp & complex. Reportedly the 707's have bigger bass, that would be too much for me.
    I have a funky listening area, 12ft ceiling, mostly 14ft depth & up to 35ft width, windows on one side.
    My take is if you have large uncluttered room w/high ceilings the 707's are for you, if not the 705's with the right power will manage the space.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    705's
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• HeadEast
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses - 705's it is
  • New24k
    New24k Posts: 74
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same boat.

707 or 705.