Blown tweeter

Options
I have a pair of rta 8tl.. Tested and confirmed its the tweeter. How do I get a new sl2500 tweeter.

Best Answer

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The new tweeter will sound a bit different than the old one resulting in an unbalanced sound if you don't replace both.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Telephone Polk's CS department at 1-800-377-7655 and mention you have joined Club Polk or you can contact them at polkcs@polkaudio.com
    Regards, Ken
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    It would be better if you replaced both tweeters with the new RDO-198 replacements and not just one.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lancemartin414
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will be honest I am not doing so well with money. Is it really important to replace both? Or is it hat solution the nth degree best to do. I need to be frugal. I have not called to know the numbers yet so maybe this is a non issue.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Need to replace both
    The replacements sound a lot better
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lancemartin414
    Options
    Does anyone know the difference between the RTA 8TL's and the RTA 8T. I just looked on the back of the speakers and saw the tags were different on my pair but the speakers look the same.