LSI9

I bought them here forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2061001#Comment_2061001

The sides and tops do have scratches on them. I have not done anything to try to clean them up so they are still in the exact shape as I received them. I tried to get some pics of the scratches but,no luck with the cell camera. Please take a look at the original thread for the scratches. Some of them i think can be covered up easily without a lot of effort.

Nothing wrong with the drivers. They are good sounding speakers. $325 plus shipping. I still have the same non original box they were shipped to me in.
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    lg0cjd1m2m55.jpg
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    gc5fsg6mcpn8.jpg
  • erniejade
    Pictures of the fronts.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Oohhh I am sooo tempted. Just an FYI, you can't access the photos in the link you provide...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • erniejade
    If you click on the part that says lsi9front 1 and not the other parts of the links, the pictures will still come though4kiidq12boho.jpg
  • erniejade
    The other links do not work but the ones in the screen shot will work.Hope that helps?

I also have them listed on craigslist for $350.
  • erniejade
    I forgot to mention, if they are shipped, it will be from 60440.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    4 ohm speakers that need an external amp I would assume? What is your location please? Thanks. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Great seller!

I'm going to have to get ears on your Mythos sometime lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    Enders anytime! @Dabutcher I am in Bolingbrook IL. If local, I work in Schaumburg during the week.

Correct they are 4 ohm. I run them on an amp that is probably a little overkill but it is a McIntosh MC402. I did run them on my pioneer sc27 for a day or so when I tried them out against my RTI12.

Speaking of the RTI 12, ( rant coming) I am kind of ticked at Frys killing the resale on them!

OK back to the 9's. The sc27 seemed to run them fine. I did not push them hard though but, they are 4 ohm.
  • erniejade
    $300
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I hope someone is calling Kenny Loggins , cause with this price drop, we just entered right into the Danger Zone. This is a sick bargain price, rarely ever__ see LSi9's lower than $300.00 . Someone seriously needs to snatch these up. You snooze, you lose.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    dang too good to pass up!

PM coming!
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• Nice snag dh! I would have loved to ditch my lsic for one of these at that insane deal.
  • Where did you get the stands?
  • erniejade
    @ndmaynard audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGDS300

They are heavy stands but, need to be filled or they will ring.
  • erniejade
    Sale is pending.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Put me in line if things don't pan out.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Sold thanks! I want to thank @dhart86 for giving me the ok to sell locally. He was the first to respond and gave them up to make it easier not to ship. Thank you again.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    No problem Brian.....congrats!
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• erniejade
    The lsi9 I ran with the mcintosh mc402. I did try them the pioneer sc27 and it did sound good but didnt have the soul as the mcintosh. But, the mcintosh has an audio research sp16 tube running it so its really not apples to apples.
    I still have the rti HT setup in the living room. The only other amp I tried with the rti 12 was a sunfire sig II 625x2 and at that time I was running a mcintosh c39 preamp using it as a 2 channel setup. It did quite well. The c39 was a dark sounding pre and with the rti12 did a nice job taming any glare.
  • erniejade
    I almost forgot, I had a mcintosh 6900 for a bit. I ran a tube buffer between the pre in and out and that made the sound stage expand quite nicely
  • erniejade
    LOL a yaquin cd2. Pittdog2 said the cd3 sounds even better depending on the tube you use.
  • jwb0007
    jwb0007 Posts: 62
    xCapri79 and others,
    I'm interested in your thoughts concerning the LSi9's and RTi12's with various amps.[/quote]

Posted my first comment just a few minutes ago, on this very subject. Hopefully, I will not be violating any protocol (so soon, anyway), but the relevant part of what I said is:

"I mention all that to get to the point of this post, and address the OP's question: I have a Yamaha RX-A2030 receiver. It states a power of 140 wpc (discrete amplifiers, so as to make the power claims legitimate). While I DO NOT listen to music or HT at ear-bleeding levels by any means (am over 50. Truth is, am nearly 70, ha ha), I have not found ANY need or reason to provide greater power to/for the speakers. They seem to do superbly with the power provided. In fact, I took them in under a probationary arrangement. If I felt I needed any additional power to "open them up" or to power them properly, then they would be going back. To do all kinds of gymnastics and to throw significant additional dollars at the issue when I already have very good equipment is not what I am willing to do.

So, while I may be in the minority among the more seasoned and prolific contributors here, I simply do not understand the frequent reviews that I read about their being "power hungry", and "needing" additional power. I am delighted with their output and tonal quality at their price range--the price range I have chosen consciously."

Hope that addresses your question, in part. Of course, that is my opinion only . . . .
    Jim
    St. Louis, MO

AVRs: Yamaha RX-A2030, Onkyo TX-NR646
    Speakers: BIC FH6-LCR x 3, BIC FH-65B x 2, Polk RTi6 x 2, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
    Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Polk PSW10, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
  • xcapri79,

Pls excuse if your post immediately preceding was directed to me (this forum is different from the one I am more familiar with, and linking replies to specific poster comments or questions is something I have not yet figured out here).

Anyway, if to me, I may have confused you. I do not have LSi9 speakers. I only received my RTi-12s this past week. However, as I use them more in my large cubic foot setting, I am even more impressed by them (and the job my Yamaha RX-A2030 AVR does to deliver the signal to them).

Will continue to "report" if/as my opinion changes--a number of members have posted about the benefit of a suitable amplifier to help the 12s "open up". Guess my ears/understanding are falling short, because I love their sound as is!
    Jim
    St. Louis, MO

AVRs: Yamaha RX-A2030, Onkyo TX-NR646
    Speakers: BIC FH6-LCR x 3, BIC FH-65B x 2, Polk RTi6 x 2, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
    Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Polk PSW10, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
  • erniejade
    Its amazing amazon and frys still selll the rti12 cheap and kind of hurt the resale value for us.

Anyway the 12's really do not do that bad for music. If yours are new, give them a good 300 hours on them. They will open up even more. They also do well with tubes.