Polk In Ceiling Speakers

Options
LS700 and LS500. Brand new, never used. Was to be used as part of Atmos setup for ceilings.

$600 plus shipping.

mub27dybisw8.jpg

Halen

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sooner game day special. $550 plus shipping, lower if local (no shipping). If Sooners cover 17.5, then $525 shipped, lower if local. This is brand new, never used and priced lower then Polk's Family and Friends special.

halen
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Well I am seriously considering this, so for today only, GO SOONERS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Well I am seriously considering this, so for today only, GO SOONERS!

Thanks for the support! Haha. Forget the spread, Sooners will out right lose. Will PM you.

halen
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Responded!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Wait your selling these? I might want . Talk to you over lunch.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    This is a helluva deal here! I actually considered these, but looks like others are interested. I have a question on this line. If these were used in a 5 or 7 channel setup, I see there are other speakers in the LS line on Polk's site. It looks like they have 3 in-ceiling speakers, a fourth in-ceiling F/X surround, and an in-wall center. Am I missing something, or did they not make an in-wall L/R speaker for mains in a stereo or HT application in the LS line??

Did Paul or Joey pick these up? If so, congrats on a nice deal!

If not, someone should snatch these up. Halen's right, there's $1200 worth of speakers he's offering brand new at less than half the price!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    John - that was sort of my question too. I couldn't figure what speaker in the built-in LS line would be appropriate for front L/R speakers. The 700-LS are in-ceiling speakers, and unless your walls were >8" deep, I can't see how they would work since most 'walls' are 3.5" deep (between the drywall)... unless you were planning on installing them in the ceiling in the front of the room - and I can't see that as being the best location for your front L/R speakers. I couldn't find an LS in-wall speaker other than the center (255c-LS). It just seems odd that Polk obviously made center and surround (80F/X-LS) speakers in the LS line, but failed to make an in-wall matching speaker to complete an HT setup!

Can anyone else offer an explanation? Is there another in-wall speaker (perhaps the RT or RC series) that would 'match' these speakers?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,

Yes these are still available. The in walls that I was going to go with are the 265 LS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-Refurb-265-LS-3-Way-In-Wall-6-5-LSi-Loudspeaker-EACH-/231719648540

I did consider using the in-ceilings for in-walls but decided against it, I do not have space restraints behind the wall. The only reason why I am not using these speakers is because I plan on selling my house next year.

John, if you are going to Skip's and still interested, I will bring the speakers. Bottom line, these must go... ahem..

halen
  • West_Coaster
    Options
    Halen, sent you a message.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks. I received it. Great offer but the price was for members only. I have ethical standards to the group here. Even though it has not sold, I am never desperate enough, even at your great offer. It is above the tree huggers here.

With that said... I wish you the best luck. I appreciate your offer. If you hang around for a couple months I will take a hundred off what you offered. It's yours.

halen
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    Options
    Halen, I haven't been on the forum much since the changeover. Ican''t figure out how to PM you. Can you message me?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • West_Coaster
    Options
    halen wrote: »

Thanks. I received it. Great offer but the price was for members only. I have ethical standards to the group here. Even though it has not sold, I am never desperate enough, even at your great offer. It is above the tree huggers here.

With that said... I wish you the best luck. I appreciate your offer. If you hang around for a couple months I will take a hundred off what you offered. It's yours.

halen

Ok, glwts.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Alright. These are no longer for sale. Will install them to complete the Atmos and DTSX setup to woo the home buyers when my house is listed. But again, the Texas housing market is hot right now.

Can't believe I was going to give away the house on top of the stupid good price I was asking for the speakers. Haha

halen
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Believe me, I was sorely tempted but I need to build the room that I would be using them in first. Hehe.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Congrats on the new Marantz ATMOS and DTSX avr Halen! You're one of the few members here who are putting together one of these systems. :) Looking forward to hearing some reviews once you've got everything set up.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes, Skip it is. Being and supporting local has its perks. Very fast turn around. Went to Cedia with a Marantz 6010, left Cedia and got the 7010.. Just like that, faster than Jimmy Johns delivery. Haha

halen
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Hey Halen bruh

I say, sign the ceiling of your media room, that you designed it and it is ATMOS compliant. Increase the value of your house for sale, Picasso.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound