12v Trigger Cable for a Parasound

Options
I've got a Parasound HCA-750A in a 2-channel rig and may also be getting the next one up the chain (HCA-1000A) to power rear speakers in our HT. I'm not concerned about the trigger on the 2-channel setup, but would like to use the trigger if I add the HCA-1000A to the HT. My question is this... what kind of cable does it require? I've always seen triggers with the 3.5mm plug. The Parasounds have four screw terminals that look like they are for bare wire. Do they make a special cable for that? Or is it possible to get an old cable with the 3.5mm plug on one end and then cut/strip the one or two wires on the other end?

There's VERY little information on this in the owner's manual. Any advice? Why are there 4 screw terminals for the trigger?? If I only have one or two wires from a cable, to which screw(s) would I connect?

I'd be using this with a Rotel amp that has a 12v trigger in and out. I currently have it triggered by my AVR with a 3.5mm stereo plug. Hoping to use the 3.5mm trigger out from the Rotel to power the Parasound on and off.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Al

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    and what's the deal with the mono plugs? is it center positive?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    Options
    I use a cheap Rat Shack cable for both my Parasound amps for the 12v trigger. I use the plug to attach to the Pioneer receiver and cut off the the plug and stripped the wire on the other end to connect to the Parasound amps. As per the other posts, make sure you connecting correctly though.
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.