no subwoofer output

I really haven't been using my AVR and Klipsch smalls all that much until a few days ago. I can hear I'm getting nothing from my Klisch 8" powered sub, not a note. I called Klipsch and because I get hum out of the sub woofer cable at the AVR end they said it's the Yamaha. I called Yamaha and we went through their YPAO system to make sure 1st it was on and then all the settings were correct. They were, and still nothing from either the 1st or second sub woofer outputs and they said it's shot. I find it very hard to believe since it was really never driven hard (only back when I aired them out years ago) and now nothing. We tried a hard reset and still nothing. Any of you dudes ever have this happen to you and any other ideas you guys can come up with would greatly be appreciated.... Lew
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Wire it into one of your front mains
  • I can't do that. My like most sub woofer cables are RCA ended and my speaker mains are 5 ways for bananas that I'm using. Not compatible.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Nice Idea .I will look. Acutally I do have a mini jack going into my headphone port on my computer into a Y splitter into RCAs cables to pick up my I-NET tunes this I can try w/ my I-Pod in some time.

• nbrowser, I just tried your test. 1st made sure I-POD worked w/ the Yamaha and yes it does. Then pulled mini jack splitter from my computer installed mini into i-pod and added a male RCA to that into the sub and nothing but hum. This I guess means my sub is not putting anything out but hum. Anything else to test or is it toast. I never believed Yamaha that both subwoofer outputs were beat but I also didn't think my sub is beat and only a setting was wrong. I liked your thinking albeit a gross disappointment to me. I will call Yamaha just again to see if I get another tech to make sure every setting is correct ,then I'll know w/ certainty.....Thanks ...lew

• No I didn't but I did not give up. I called Klipsch and they said forget about the mini-jack and use a CD player directly into the sub and viola I got tunes so it's NOT THE SUB. Now back to Yamaha when they open ,they are on PCT and hopefully get a different tech and go through the entire set-up once again. I didn't know to turn volume up on the I-Pod and that still might have worked...Thanks again for the help.

• It's all resolved. I called Yamaha and had a different tech than yesterday. He said make sure the sub is in port #1 for the sub woofer and that zone 2 was not interfering w/ it and my LFE setting was to both the sub and speakers and viola. Now I have my sub back and no repairs need to be done.